What's new

SMS not appearing

andyfeeny

Reaction score
Im having an issue with SMS messages appearing in my texts folder.

The message registers on my home screen but then doesnt come through to my messages folder unless I am already in that area. The icon appears showing the correct number of new messages on the home screen but then when you look in the folder they arent there. This is solved by turning the phone off and on again. They then appear.

They worked fine until I downloaded a group text app which I used a few times until it wiped all of my messages and partially crashed my phone. I have since deleted this app.

I have tried resetting the phone, reinstalling the software and resetting all settings in the menu.

Any ideas please as this is driving me crazy!

Thanks (its an iphone 4 on O2 by the way)

Welcome to the forum first off all...

When you reset it did you do it through iTunes? If so did you restore from a back up?

Thanks very much! Ive certainly learnt more reading thru this website for 10 mins then the hours on a help line this morning!

I did restore it from a back up through itunes. Now youve said this it does scream out at me...

Just a quick one before I try it. How do I put my messages / contacts back on afterwards? Will I have to start completely from scratch?

If you use windows sync your contacts with your windows address book first. Don't know about mac.

As for you SMS I don't think there is a simple way of doing that.