What's new

is there way to create hotspot on verizon iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 for new iPad without jail

lpe

Reaction score
hi guys! i bought new iPad recently just wifi version and i am looking for way to get internet on togo for free or not expen.I pay $50 for internet cable vision at my home,i pay $30 for internet on iPhone 4, now verizon wants me to pay $20 for hotspot 2gb again.so far i don't want to jailbreak the phone . maybe somebody knows way to get it.and second question if not:what the best way to jailbreak iPhone 4 and what the best program from sydia for create hotspot? thank you very much guys for answers.

lpe said:
hi guys! i bought new iPad recently just wifi version and i am looking for way to get internet on togo for free or not expen.I pay $50 for internet cable vision at my home,i pay $30 for internet on iPhone 4, now verizon wants me to pay $20 for hotspot 2gb again.so far i don't want to jailbreak the phone . maybe somebody knows way to get it.and second question if not:what the best way to jailbreak iPhone 4 and what the best program from sydia for create hotspot? thank you very much guys for answers.

The only way to make your phone a hotspot w/o jailbreaking is to buy it.

Everyone and a whole...an app will sneak into the app store that allows you to tether....but as far as I know, they have all been removed.

And you cannot really just look in the app store, because if an app does have a secret tethering feature...it definitely will not say it in the app info page in the app store.

I tether for free all the time...but I can do this only because I'm jailbroken.

Wait....I just thought of something....look up "iTether". I think you can make an HTML web app (add a web page from Safari to your home screen) that allows tethering. Goof lock with that.

Thank you zig9449 for answering.but now "iTether" not support tethering from an iPhone to iPad or any other Tablet devices. maybe you can give me advice which program better to use for jailbreak my iPhone 4(iOS 5.1). my appreciation.

lpe said:
Thank you zig9449 for answering.but now "iTether" not support tethering from an iPhone to iPad or any other Tablet devices. maybe you can give me advice which program better to use for jailbreak my iPhone 4(iOS 5.1). my appreciation.

Redsn0w. Or Sn0wbreeze...but ya have to restore your phone to a pre-jailbroken IPSW that Sn0wbreeze creates.

For now just download redsn0w (version 0.9.10b6 only!).

Extract the folder to your desktop. Then open the folder and drag the redsn0w.exe to your desktop.

Right click run as administrator.

Plug in iPhone, click the jailbreak button.

Enter DFU mode.

Wait til device reboots.

One down, you have to go back in ressn0w and click the "Extras" button.

Then enter DFU mode again.

Then click the "Just boot" button.

This is a semi-tethered jailbreak

This means your device will reboot. But it will be in a none-jailbroken state. You must use the "Just boot" option in redsn0w on every reboot.

That is why Devs tell people to stay on 5.0.1...because 5.0.1 has an untethered jailbreak, and can reboot normally.

Open Cydia after phone boots tethers and do nothing but let it sit open til everything is loaded. You know when it's done. A HUD appears saying "Reloading Data".

Whenever you install something from Cydia that requires a reboot...do not press the reboot button...

Just plug in device, open redsn0w, slide to power off the device, and boot tethered.

Once jailbroken, the two best apps for unofficial tethering are MyWi and PDANet.

Fofer said:
Once jailbroken, the two best apps for unofficial tethering are MyWi and PDANet.

Actually...I personally think TetherMe is the best one. Ya have to pay for PDANet after the trial is up...

MyWi is the same way, except more expensive,.and is always detected and blocked eventually.

TetherMe is a one time $5 fee....completely untraceable, and uses the native tethering hotspot function in the Settings.app.