What's new

Is there an App to allow a phone number to ring through when phone is on silent?

mildot

Reaction score
On my Droid I have a Widget called "ring manager pro" i can turn it on and off. I can add numbers that i want to ring through even if my phone is on silent.

Does Iphone 4 have such an app?

Have you jailbreak the phone already? If yes there are apps in cydia which helps manage your profiles a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would rather not jailbreak it, but what would jailbreaking the phone solve? or what does it help with.

I would rather not jailbreak it, but what would jailbreaking the phone solve? or what does it help with.

After jailbreaking you will be able to have most of things you are missing on the phone actually.

bab2010 said:
"auto Profiles manager 4" "myProfiles" "calendar pro" "mobile profiles" just to name few of them.

Is there a version of it that can be had from tge Appstore?

Hi! I am a total newby here..recovering crackberry User. Tho there is lots about
My iPhone that I love there are a couple of things I am mourning the loss of: 1). having personalized and varied rings/sounds for diff notifications. 2). Being able to set certain select contacts to notify for txts/ calls even if phone is on mute. I am fairly computer savvy but know nothing about jailbreaking and unsure if I am willing to. So the question is cN anyone suggest a mainstream solution? Thanks

Hi! I am a total newby here..recovering crackberry User. Tho there is lots about
My iPhone that I love there are a couple of things I am mourning the loss of: 1). having personalized and varied rings/sounds for diff notifications. 2). Being able to set certain select contacts to notify for txts/ calls even if phone is on mute. I am fairly computer savvy but know nothing about jailbreaking and unsure if I am willing to. So the question is cN anyone suggest a mainstream solution? Thanks

Jailbreak is the solution until now. Maybe iOS 5 will come with better profile options.

blink21me said:
Bumping this thread for any possible updates...?

Hi. Unfortunately jailbreaking is the only solution we can offer for features like that. Its fairly easy and if you use it wisely (not overload with features and beware of the compatibility of the tweaks before installing), your phone will work just fine. Either way, worst case scenario is a restore.

Jailbreaking basically puts the phone into administrator mode, like a computer. It allows you to control settings that are otherwise locked and allows you to use the Cydia app store instead of the one controlled by Apple. The Cydia app store can provide the apps that do exactly what you are looking for. For whatever reason, apparently Apple won't allow those apps on their store.

However, if you have the 4S you're out of luck just like I am and have to wait for a jailbreak to be created. No ETA on that.

Sorry.