What's new

is there a way to find my phone that doesn't have a number

passiveobserver

Reaction score
ok, so my dead aunt left me her iphone. Which I don't use as my actual phone, I will keep my flip phone which isn't an expensive risk and also lasts for a whole week on a single charge thank you very much. So this iphone, it isn't associated with a phone number. I just use it as an extremely portable computer. It connects to my wifi which is through a linksys wireless router and a xfinity internet service. Now I don't know where in my house I left it, I have looked everywhere. It is ON. Is there any sort of way for me to find it? There's no phone number to call to make it "ring", but maybe it can be found through the internet network or with that mysterious bluetooth thing I have heard about for over a decade but never found anyone that knows anything about it? I look online and things say I need to use the "find my" app. Well I don't have any apple products to use "apps" on. I have a windows 10 computer which I am typing this message on in the first place. Anyway, it's an older iphone so I don't know if it has a gps thing built into it, probably not, it may be the very first model or not long after it. I'd really like to find it before it runs out of power now. Please help.

Oh by the way, my mother will visit in a few hours and she has an iphone so if the only way to find it involves using an app on an apple product, that may be workable after all, but it would be really ideal if there was a way to do it from my computer.

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If you‘ve set up the iPhone with an iCloud ID/Apple ID, you can find it with your computer as well. You don‘t need the Find My app on an Apple device to use the feature. Here‘s what you have to do:

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If you‘ve set up the iPhone with an iCloud ID/Apple ID, you can find it with your computer as well. You don‘t need the Find My app on an Apple device to use the feature. Here‘s what you have to do:
Oh. Well, I didn't do that. My mother's find my app only found her own phone too. I don't understand where it could be, I know what I was doing with it last and where I was and it's not there.

Ugh. I DID have an apple ID but forgot what the password is. So after exhausting the limit on the number of login attempts, I went through this absolute BS that no respectable entity would have as a procedure to reset a password, entering my phone number, receiving a call with a 6 digit code, THEN receiving an email and entering a SECOND 6 digit code that I got by email, and now I'm supposed to wait days for some actual representative to look it over and manually unlock the account, by which time the 24 hours will be up and its last known location will not be shown. So thanks apple, you suck, I mean that from the bottom of my heart, may you go the way of the Dutch East India Company, Enron, and Lehman Brothers.

Ugh. I DID have an apple ID but forgot what the password is. So after exhausting the limit on the number of login attempts, I went through this absolute BS that no respectable entity would have as a procedure to reset a password, entering my phone number, receiving a call with a 6 digit code, THEN receiving an email and entering a SECOND 6 digit code that I got by email, and now I'm supposed to wait days for some actual representative to look it over and manually unlock the account, by which time the 24 hours will be up and its last known location will not be shown. So thanks apple, you suck, I mean that from the bottom of my heart, may you go the way of the Dutch East India Company, Enron, and Lehman Brothers.
You can’t blame Apple for losing the phone in your own house and forgetting your Apple ID password. They don’t make it easy to get back into the phone. It’s called "Security" and it’s to counter theft.