What's new

Is my phone toast I do not have a .shsh file

Skipper Dan

Reaction score
I bought a used Iphone 3G. And replaced the screen which was broken. When I got it back the internet did not work with my internet sim card so I tried to restore it. I find out now that it is a jailbroke phone. I do nto have any .shsh files for it. Is there a solution for this or is it just paperweight now? By the way I am in Peru so I do not have access to US stores.

Dan

No need for SHSH files.... the highest firmware a 3G can have is 4.2.1.....just Restore with iTunes...and jailbreak if you want...

I did that that is where the problem started.

I Just had the screen replaced. A phone I never had before. So I did not know anything about it. The internet did not work wth my chip so I thought I would reset it and see if that would fix the problem. It gave me an error message 1015 and hung on the reset. Now all I get is the Itunes and cord screen. In my research I found that I must have reset a phone that had been jailbroke. Almost all phones in Peru are jailbroke. I did not know this at the time. Now no matter what I do it will not reset.

Dan

You need to install Ultrasn0w if it is not an official carrier. As Bula said, there is no need for an SHSH file because the latest firmware available for the 3G is already jailbreakable.