What's new

Is it worth jailbreaking iphone 5?

steven5224

Reaction score
I guess it's natural to not even think about jailbreaking my brand new iPhone 5, but as weeks go by and months you kinda break into the phone and your like maybe jailbreaking might be an option. So is it worth jailbreaking the IP5? Is there any risk to ruining such a good phone? Is there even a jailbreaki for the iPhone 5?

An iphone does not become MYphone until it is jailbroken. I can't tell you how much I regret updating to ios 6 on my 4s(no jailbreaking method as of now).

It all depends on how you use the iphone. The more I use it, the more important the jailbreak become with all the handy tweaks unavailable to an ordinary iphone. Some of them even made their way into IOS and became so popular that everyone uses it(who doesn't have some sort of flashlight app installed on their iphone nowadays?)

I have gotten so used to some tweaks in the days I were running ios 5.1 and jailbroken, that now it's such a sorrow everytime I unlock my non jailbroken iphone.

I miss my custom theme, smaller icons, being able to move the icons to where I want and the ability to see notifications in the titlebar, along with some other twaeks.

Yes it's worth jailbreaking a iPhone but there isn't a jailbreak for iPhone 4S,5 iPad 3/4 iPad mini iPod touch 5G. For my information I have and learned by experience. The only risk for a jailbroken device is that you will install a tweak/app/ theme not compatible for the iOS that you are on or be stuck in a respring loop / boot loop but those rarely happen but keep in mind it can.

Whether or not an iDevice is worth jailbreaking is up to you. Personally, if I had access to a developer account earlier, I wouldn't have the need for jailbreaking anyways since I could do everything manually myself or just rip bits and pieces off of other themes. As for tweaking it aside from themeing, it's not that hard to do if you know what you're doing, since if you're doing it by manually coding it in, it's accomplishing the same thing that jailbreak themeing does minus the potential security holes.