What's new

Is it worth getting a apple watch ?

gtaguy1234

Reaction score
What does an apple watch do and what benefits does it have over a normal iPhone?

It's a wonderful fitness tracker, with its array of sensors. This is what I use it most for. There are many excellent watch apps that present all sorts of information at a glance, without having to remove your iPhone from your pocket.

as scifan says the fitness aspect of it's cool but its far from a necessity right now. It will likely be a while before we get a glimpse of its potential (and it's super ugly imo)

There are a lot of things that I buy that are wants and not NEEDS. Do I need an AppleWatch....NO, do I want an AppleWatch...YES. Is it worth getting, is that Banana Split worth getting......for me YES,

If you have money and can afford to it, then go and grab it to use. With me it's just like a jewelry.

(and it's super ugly imo)
I have a feeling your opinion may change once Apple realizes the potential with curved displays.. if they haven't already. I can only imagine what can be done once a "flat surface display" is no longer a limitation.

As I see how users of it give feedback about apple watch I think yeah it is worth it. :)

I bought mine 4 days ago and have enjoyed in a lot. I have used several smart watches. The Pebble, Moto 360 and a few Samsung ones including the Gear S. Have been a long time Android fan and user I really enjoyed the smart watch experience. I love both platforms for different reasons and each has a different perspective on how a smart watch is presented.

I switched back to iPhone 3 months ago (6+) and was hesitant to get the watch. I heard many opinions and reasons that Android Wear was better. I'm not sure I agree after this short period. A few reasons, one the notifications are just as good if not a tad better. Two, apps. You have access to compatible apps on your watch. Something Android Wear is missing. Sure there are some app but not many third party one that provide info. I really like to be able to lift my wrist and get info I want in a matter of seconds without getting my phone out and getting on with what I'm doing. Plus when watch OS 2.0 hit they will be natively on the watch making them much faster. Three, support, as much as I love Android developers support iOS much better and more frequently.

Plus the experience has been fun and the watch is pretty cool and fits well. I have the black sport model.

The future. I'm sure Apple will continue its growth and with native apps and more watch faces Apple Watch will be a cool tech item to use for a long time. Whether it is necessary, that is up to the user. I find it a great addition to my tech line up.

Sent from one of my many phones using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As someone who has used multiple smart watches , I heavily prefer the apple watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely worth it, if you can afford it.

If you're broke, it's not needed.

It's totally worth it! I love watches and since I've gotten my Apple Watch, it's the only watch I've been wearing!