What's new

Is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryland Johnson

Reaction score
Though I am new to this forum and the iPhone I am not new to forums. For some years I have purchased mobiles running Android and still own the Sony Xperia Z Ultra also the Z2., both excellent mobile devices.

I must make it clear I am not a fan boy of any OS or brand.

Have you noticed the numerous amounts of clips regarding "drop tests?
When I see such a video clip I am simply amazed. Why are the people who make such "tests" always surprised when the phone breaks? What mobile electronic device can tolerate being dropped.

Maybe a more productive test clip would be to suggest to the so called tester he jumps out of a fifth floor window and report on the outcome. WHY oh WHY do such clips exist? Pointless and absurd.

Ryland

Because a lot of teenagers own phones and not too many teenagers understand the meaning of 'being careful'.

Because a lot of teenagers own phones and not too many teenagers understand the meaning of 'being careful'.

Hi Tom. Please don't think me confrontational with my reply. I would think by teens a teenager fully understands if you drop a plate or glass it will break. If these so called "test" where carried out by toddlers that's fine, my own grandson when aged about 4 got his PSP dirty so he washed it in the sink! Bless him. He learned.
It is becoming the norm to treat consumers as morons and to drop test a mobile phone is complete insanity!
I also notice it's not kids nor teens who do these things it's adults?

It was the same regarding the range of Sony Xperia Z mobiles that are water resistant to a given industry criteria. We saw clips of adults cooking them in chocolate, boiling them in soup, Aqua diving with them, taking them into saunas, white water Rapids and all sorts of absurd so called tests.

Do we really need telling if we stand in the road and a car hits us we are going to get hurt??
What exactly do these tests achieve except prove the obvious? Think about it the situation really is absurd.

Kind regards, Ryland

calm down, I was joking, you are taking life too seriously. Who cares about a bunch of stupid videos on Youtube.

Closing this thread as it shows signs of getting out of hand.
Thanks for understanding......Poisonivy.

Status
Not open for further replies.