What's new

Is it just a matter of time?

BirdyQ

Reaction score
Sooo I just got an iPhone from Verizon. The 2nd day I have it, I get it wet. Go me. What basically happened is I accidentally dipped my iPhone into a shallow cup of milk. It didnt dip any further than a little over the charger port (like mid way to the bottom button) . This was last night. I shut it off immediately after I saw a message saying that whatever was was trying to get into the charging port couldnt be recognized.
I let it off for about three hours and turned it on to see that everything was fine. I took a little bit of rubbing alcohol and cleaned out port incase milk dried inside there and charged it. It works alive and well today but is it just a matter of time before something happens to it bc of this stupid accident?

Didn't anyone tell you iPhones don't taste better with milk??? lol

OT: I only can speak from others experience with standard mobiles (pre-smartphone era) - usually is a matter of time and you're cooked.

Have a look in your charger port if you have a pink line it is damaged and will not be under warranty due to liquid damage if no pink line you may be lucky and got away with it.

I would buy some phone insurance .... its a simple mistake to make and it could happen to any of us, not stupid at all just not paying attention to what your doing ;p