What's new

Is apple trackin all iphone for safety reason

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

THEY DID NOT REMOVE IT. In fact when you install iOS 5, the VERY FIRST THING it now asks you is "Do you want to allow Location Service Tracking". Do you know why they had to ask his question????? Because of the amount of pure ignorance concerning the subject matter. They wanted to end all possibilities of a lawsuit because some people JUST DON'T GET IT.

BTW, if you decline, you don't get instant GPS positioning nor indoor location tracking.

Wow, I haven't use any iOS 5 or a beta version before so I basically have no clue about that you are saying here, but I believe your words, now let's see if we will have that location service tracking question while installing iOS 5 when to goes public soon.

Any mobile phone can be tracked via the network it's using and it's SIM card,an iPhone or Android smartphone simply possesses more sophisticated software to make that even easier.

Wow, I haven't use any iOS 5 or a beta version before so I basically have no clue about that you are saying here, but I believe your words, now let's see if we will have that location service tracking question while installing iOS 5 when to goes public soon.

I installed the Golden Master last night (which is what is getting released on the 12th if memory serves). And before doing a restore, I went thru the final version of "over the air activation" to test it and see if anything changed from Beta 7. I believe it was the third of fourth thing I had to answer to get the phone activated.

Any mobile phone can be tracked via the network it's using and it's SIM card,an iPhone or Android smartphone simply possesses more sophisticated software to make that even easier.

Never disagree with that fact, all mobile using tracking location system otherwise how can we receive calls, SMS etc... At a time T? Sure the network is tracking our location and so the phone calls can be forward to our precise location so that we can receive it, that's ok. But Apple was collecting those tracking location info from the phone whenever you plug your phone to your computer and open up iTunes. They were having a kind of folder where all those tracking location info was collected to and always ready to be sent to apple whenever there is a chance, but now Apple has correct it as far as I know, but I don't know about the iOS 5 anyway.

Never disagree with that fact, all mobile using tracking location system otherwise how can we receive calls, SMS etc... At a time T? Sure the network is tracking our location and so the phone calls can be forward to our precise location so that we can receive it, that's ok. But Apple was collecting those tracking location info from the phone whenever you plug your phone to your computer and open up iTunes. They were having a kind of folder where all those tracking location info was collected to and always ready to be sent to apple whenever there is a chance, but now Apple has correct it as far as I know, but I don't know about the iOS 5 anyway.

Actually iOS 4 still stores the data, just less of it. It simply doesn't get backed up to iTunes anymore. Instead it gets directly transmitted to Apple and purged based on the date algorithm.

The issue here wasn't that there were tracking chips installed in the phones its that Apple was STORING the tracking information which is illegal and immoral. There's a HUGE difference between being able to locate a device at a given time and STORING all of the information of the phones whereabouts. What they were doing was wrong, and I am glad they patched it.

Think if someone lost their phone, the person who found it could download their location data and map out EXACTLY where they had been and when. People were not over-exaggerating at all when they complained about this. They were well within their rights to want their privacy protected.

The issue here wasn't that there were tracking chips installed in the phones its that Apple was STORING the tracking information which is illegal and immoral. There's a HUGE difference between being able to locate a device at a given time and STORING all of the information of the phones whereabouts. What they were doing was wrong, and I am glad they patched it.

Think if someone lost their phone, the person who found it could download their location data and map out EXACTLY where they had been and when. People were not over-exaggerating at all when they complained about this. They were well within their rights to want their privacy protected.

Let me try this explanation ONE MORE time and maybe you will understand.

Apple ONLY stores the location of the WiFi routers and cell towers it comes in contact with. IT DOES NOT STORE YOUR POSITION. It uses a real time algorithm of ping time and triangulation to find your position. The best you can get from what is stored is where in a GENERAL 5 MILE radius you were when you pinged off a group of towers.

BTW iSO 5 say specifically if you want to use ANY location service you must allow CROWD SOURCING data to be stored. Do you know why they call it that now?????? Because of people like you that do not understand that the cell towers and wifi data is used for quick positioning based on triangulation and saves a ton of battery life because the data is stored.

You can cry wolf as many times as you want on this subject. But it was BOGUS to being with and your post is simply another "Lets spread bad information in hopes of spreading fear to the masses".

And I will try and explain it to you one more time. Before they patched the location tracking it DID store your position. That is what they patched. They were wrong for storing that data and if they weren't then why would they change it?

You can argue until your face is blue but you are wrong if you think that it is ok for Apple to store location information about their users.

What you are talking about in iOS5 has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what they patched in iOS 4.3.3

Also why would the hackers make a Cydia package to patch the location tracking if it was harmless? Are you insinuating that you know more about the location tracking then the hackers themselves?

Last edited:
And I will try and explain it to you one more time. Before they patched the location tracking it DID store your position. That is what they patched. They were wrong for storing that data and if they weren't then why would they change it?

You can argue until your face is blue but you are wrong if you think that it is ok for Apple to store location information about their users.

What you are talking about in iOS5 has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what they patched in iOS 4.3.3

Also why would the hackers make a Cydia package to patch the location tracking if it was harmless? Are you insinuating that you know more about the location tracking then the hackers themselves?

It's a shame you have no clue who you are conversing with. So I will say good day and you may allow yourself to believe whatever makes you sleep better at night.

Well once you come down, let me know why Apple and the jailbreakers would patch the location tracking with a Cydia package and in 4.3.3 if they didn't think what they were doing was wrong. I would love to hear it :)