What's new

iPod Touch 4G Jailbreak Error (5.1.1)

gen0

Reaction score
I have an iPod Touch Jailbroken with iOS 5.1.1. It is starting to get sluggish & I was going to do a factory reset + re-jailbreak.

It will not allow me restore the iPod in any way. I have tried DFU Mode, Recovery Mode, pwnedDFU Mode through redsn0w.

I have been searching on multiple search engines for a few hours now and am resorting to being an annoyance on Jailbreak forums - I do apologize, but am I really out of luck here?

Any help appreciated.

Trying to restore 5.1.1, would like to stay since it is untethered still.

Thanks for the fast reply by the way.

Tried downloading the IPSW and shift + restore in iTunes, still stays the same.

Last edited:
You'll need to have SHSH blobs to do so. Currently working on a guide to RedSn0w.... but to see which blobs you have available, simply open up Cydia on your iPod Touch and look at the top of the main screen. If you see '5.1.1' listed on the top, you can restore by stitching an IPSW. Or, if you have RedSn0w, go to Extras > SHSH Blobs > Query. Then a list of blobs will show up for your connected device. See if 5.1.1 is there. If you see 5.1.1 on either of these methods of checking, you can restore back to iOS 5.1.1. If not, unfortunately the only iOS's that you can restore to are the ones in the list on top of Cydia or to the latest firmware, which is 6.0.1

You'll need to have SHSH blobs to do so. Currently working on a guide to RedSn0w.... but to see which blobs you have available, simply open up Cydia on your iPod Touch and look at the top of the main screen. If you see '5.1.1' listed on the top, you can restore by stitching an IPSW. Or, if you have RedSn0w, go to Extras > SHSH Blobs > Query. Then a list of blobs will show up for your connected device. See if 5.1.1 is there. If you see 5.1.1 on either of these methods of checking, you can restore back to iOS 5.1.1. If not, unfortunately the only iOS's that you can restore to are the ones in the list on top of Cydia or to the latest firmware, which is 6.0.1
+1... Jon, ya beat me to it again. LOL!

<3 Testing right meow. Thank you willerz & thomas.