What's new

iphone6s not holding charge

juniorhashim

Reaction score
i leave my phone on charge all night with no apps running in background
in the morning it down to 10 percent and sometimes switches off
the battery is at 89% and was replaced by an authorised dealer around 2 years ago

i leave my phone on charge all night with no apps running in background
in the morning it down to 10 percent and sometimes switches off
the battery is at 89% and was replaced by an authorised dealer around 2 years ago
Have you got Background Refresh switched on? Some Apps are notorious battery drainers.

Just an FYI-that battery maximum capacity rate is not what you think it is.. 2 yrs ago, my 8+ was at 85%-Apple told me that was replacement time. It is not the same as the percentage shown on the top of your iphone next to the charging icon. After my battery was replaced, the maximum capacity percentage was at 100% until about 4 months ago, regardless of how much of a charge the battery had. It sounds like your battery needs to be replaced. To be sure of this, stop at an Apple Store and have them test it, which they will be able to do for free. There may also be a way to do this using the Apple Support app.

i did last night and changed it to 100%
this money i switched it off at 0930 and when i switched it on at 1120 it was at 1%
new battery was bought 2 years ago
do i need a new phone and if so which model is similar to the 6S

Try going to Settings>Battery and scroll down to the list to see what apps are using excessive battery power. You can check the battery health by going to Settings >Battery>Battery Health & Charging to see what your current battery health is.

If your battery charge level is sharply decreasing overnight even when plugged into the charger maybe your charger is not functioning properly. Have you tried a different charger and charging cable?

i did last night and changed it to 100%
this money i switched it off at 0930 and when i switched it on at 1120 it was at 1%
new battery was bought 2 years ago
do i need a new phone and if so which model is similar to the 6S
I have an old 6S as well as a newer phone. It needed a new battery at three years and currently ( just checked) battery health is 87%). It doesn’t hold a charge and would need a new battery if i had not bought the 13 Pro. So, i think you may well need a new battery or else a new phone.