What's new

Iphone4 jailbroken problems

W8TSON

Reaction score
Hi guys i jailbroke my phone a few weeks ago seem to have problems with cydia

I went to download winterboard infact downloading anything i click on i get a message

"Unknown"
Note: cannot locate package.
The package winterboard cannot be found in your current source blah blah blah .....

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Go to the changes tab in Cydia and hit refresh. If you get errors regarding BigBoss then it's possible you may need to rejb. If you rejb use redsn0w 0.9.10b3. I found after having to rejb my i4 3 times that it's best to restore and begin with it being fresh phone (not restoring to previous backups). It's a real pain but that's how it worked for me. Plus, when the jb was released the servers were all tied up because of heavy traffic so now if you refresh those caches in Cydia (like I said earlier, refresh in changes tab) it may update the BigBoss repo files. It may take awhile for it get through the refresh so don't hit cancel while it's updating. Let it run. Oh and don't let your phone auto lock, it'll stop the refresh process. Either keep your phone screen on or disable auto lock.

W8TSON said:
Hi guys i jailbroke my phone a few weeks ago seem to have problems with cydia

I went to download winterboard infact downloading anything i click on i get a message

"Unknown"
Note: cannot locate package.
The package winterboard cannot be found in your current source blah blah blah .....

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

There are a lot of issues with cydia servers and repos.

You can go to the main cydia page, in the middle of it you will see "Add sources", you can check there and re-add sources.