What's new

iphone4, ios5.01, apps constantly corrupted, what to do?

trichert

Reaction score
Background, I have an iPhone 4s, had an iPhone 3, 3gs, 4 before it, so i've been using them quite awhile. In all of that time I think I've had 2-3 corrupted apps that i've had to delete and reinstall.

I just got my wife an iPhone 4 with ios 5.01, and on a weekly, if not more frequent basis she is finding 5+ apps that are corrupted. By corrupted I mean you click them, the screen flashes, and goes back to home. Rebooting the phone does not fix it, closing all open apps does not fix it, syncing with iTunes does not fix it. Deleting the app and reinstalling does.

What is going on to cause this?? Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? Thank you for any help !

This seems strange to me. Since you "just got" your wife her phone I sugget calling Apple support and seek their advice. Please let us know how you resolve.

trichert said:
Background, I have an iPhone 4s, had an iPhone 3, 3gs, 4 before it, so i've been using them quite awhile. In all of that time I think I've had 2-3 corrupted apps that i've had to delete and reinstall.

I just got my wife an iPhone 4 with ios 5.01, and on a weekly, if not more frequent basis she is finding 5+ apps that are corrupted. By corrupted I mean you click them, the screen flashes, and goes back to home. Rebooting the phone does not fix it, closing all open apps does not fix it, syncing with iTunes does not fix it. Deleting the app and reinstalling does.

What is going on to cause this?? Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? Thank you for any help !

This is what you do. Go to Settings / Cloud. Then turn off mail contacts and calendars. If those don't fix it turn off the others.

I had the same problem along with thousands of others according to Google.

I haven't had any issues since.

Good luck!

I'm having the same problem. I've restarted my phone, did a soft reset, uninstalled then redownloaded apps, and even toyed with the iCloud like you suggested and nothing worked. Any other suggestions?

I'm sorry. Turning off the Cloud items did it for me and others I've told.

Best to call Apple.

Good luck.