What's new

iPhone4...Antenna Gate issue solved???

A major part of the issue is AT&T network we use exactly the same iPhone in Australia that was sold in USA and do not have any issues with reception on our networks.

Regardless of whether or not it's the "network" if it works for "YOU" stay with it! It's not rocket science. I prefer Verizon because AT&T's coverage is not very good where I live.

I've had the Verizon iPhone for 3 days now and I do notice the bars drop by 1 or 2 bars while holding it normally. However this has not interrupted a call, so if I had not been looking at the bars, I would have never known differently. I was a little bummed that this issue (or non-issue) was not completely corrected, but it really makes no difference in practical use of the device.

I can make it drop from 4 bars to 1 by holding it in a very awkward way across the bottom of the whole phone, but I can't make it drop the signal. Holding the phone normally, I have no problems at all.

I got mine yesterday and holding the phone as I normally do I have better reception with the Iphone then any other phone I have used. I have been with Sprint, nextel before they were bought out and Verizon. Drivng to work I would lose coverage in 2 spots on the ride home. With the Iphone i lose it in 1 spot.

Also I never had coverage at my house and with the Iphone I am showing 1 bar extended coverage.

Also voice quality seems a lot better then my droid.

Overall I am happy with the phone

I have to say that a few years ago I had dropped calls with my I phone but in the past year AT&T has seemed to have stepped up and taken care of the problem. With that, I did pre-order my I Phone on Verizon received it and immediately started DROPPING CALLS, I returned it for a replacement. For the past few days, same issue. :mad:

In the end, I went back to AT&T and bought a 32gb I Phone 4, no dropped calls and all is well :) Who the heck knows whats going on, jeez!

I stand corrected. Somehow last night I found the exact way of holding the phone to get the signal to drop. Very strange. Seems to be more prominent in marginal coverage areas. I was able to work around it and noticed it more for checking the net. I don't think I would hold it in the same position while talking on it.

Wonder if this will yield that same cases the AT&T customers got for free? Somehow I don't think so. But I was looking at getting a bumper for it anyway, so that will take care of it.

Knock on wood...I have been pretty lucky so far and haven't dropped a call yet (reason I left AT&T)! Very happy so far!