What's new

Iphone XR with Face ID & Microphone problems

DaveB

Reaction score
Hi All, my wife spotted what she thought was a bargain & bought me this iPhone XR. However all joy turned to sorrow on discovering the face ID has been disabled & it will not let you in to do any facial recognition. Well I decided I could live with that. The second thing that happened was when making a call via the loudspeaker resulted in the caller not being able to hear me unless I switched that mode off. So talking normally without speaker all is well. Cannot use it for WhatsApp as nobody can hear you. I can make a video front & back camera & all is well & playback is fine. When "voice memos" app is activated & you record your voice there is nothing. I am at my wits end as to how to solve this issue. And as for taking is back to the seller, he has vanished into thin air. I dare not give the wife the buyer beware speech just yet. Look forward to all your input & valuable experience. I am located on the Gold Coast.

Thanks Dave...

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
    IMG_0033.JPG
    944.6 KB · Views: 117
It’s possible someone did their own repairs to the phone and caused some internal damage. That’s quite easy to do if you don’t know exactly what to do.

It’s possible someone did their own repairs to the phone and caused some internal damage. That’s quite easy to do if you don’t know exactly what to do.
I believe you are correct. The first give away sign was one missing screw. Once it was opened the local repairer spotted that & one or two missing cover plates. His first line of action was to replace the parts as seen in the below pictures. Alas this did not fix the phone so you may be right that the first person has done some damage. I think a damaged logistics board comes to mind sadly but I hope I am wrong :oops:.

Attachments

• IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    906 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    532 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    549.8 KB · Views: 111

Ear Speaker with Proximity Sensor for iPhone XR is I believe what they call that part.