What's new

Iphone with Go Phone

nicoy03

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I have a quick question. I have done some research and there have been articles about being able to use the iPhone 3g and 3gs with AT&T's Go Phone. They also use simple download to change the settings on you APN so you can get on the 3g data network.

I'm currently on the Go Phone now but I would really like to change my phone to the iPhone 4. I would buy the phone with a plan to lessen my headaches but I just arrived here in the States and I haven't built up my credit score enough to qualify for the plan, and I do not want to put down a deposit either.

Now I have an activated att simcard (prepaid Go Phone) and I want to buy the iPhone at full price. How do I go about the activation of the phone because I know you have to plug it in to iTunes for it be activated. Do I just insert my sim (after I cut it to the size of a microsim)?

Cheers!

First off if you go prepaid you will need an unlocked iPhone or jailbroken then unlocked... If you buy a locked one you will also need to activate it... Maybe someone else will chime in to help you with that. But it won't be a simple plug & play.

Atnt wont sell you the iphone unless your an existing contract member, i tried and was in the same boat as you. i have prepaid but they wanted a 500 deposit,if you ask them about lowering it they can request its lowered, as i did that and it went from 500 to 150deposit! :)

@smittyzz: Thanks for the reply! They also told me to deposit 500 but depositing 150 is certainly more reasonable.

@itsmyiphone4: Thanks for the response, it did help but the activation part is still vague.

no problem,just go there and be like,hey can you try to see if my deposit can be lowered?

First off if you go prepaid you will need an unlocked iPhone or jailbroken then unlocked... If you buy a locked one you will also need to activate it... Maybe someone else will chime in to help you with that. But it won't be a simple plug & play.

I bought a locked, not jailbroken Iphone 4, put my AT&T Prepaid Go phone sim card in it and it worked just fine. Haven't tried with data yet, i just use Wifi!

here is what i did i bought the i phone 4 off creigs list locked to atnt but mine was jailbroke ,,so i went in to my local at&t store an told them that i had an old go phone that i wanted to reuse but i moved an lost the sim card so the gave me a new sim card an they even activated it for me an gave me my new ### for the phone for free free i was like wow ,,tks an all i had to do was go home cut the sim put it in the iphone 4 an call the 611 ## an pick my plan which i choss the $60 a mounth talk text pics unlimited but no data an ,,paid the $60 usein my debit card an then in a minut i was talkin textin pics works great .. here is why i did it that way,,, cause if u go get the cheep go phone at walmart it comes with a sim that seems to be linked to that cheep go phone ,,, from my experiance they didnt even ask for a meid ## or any numbers,,, ps u can also go online an pick ur plan but they ask a few ??s an make u make u set up a pin ## for your account an stuff hope that helps