What's new

Iphone unlocked...but yet problems

sompati

Reaction score
Hello guys,I m Som from India...Recently I paid this agent who used to unlock at&t factory locked Iphones....He told me tht in a single day I will get ur iphone unlocked...N as a matter of fact, he sent me a message tomorrow that "Sir, ur iphone has been unlocked...plz do a full restore of ur iphone n connect it to itunes with proper internet service"...My question is that...the last time I did a factory reset through my handset (It was a jailbroken one with cydia running), it got stuck on apple logo...thn i went to a shop who said I have updated my iphone to 5.1.1 with bb 4.12.01...So my iphone was officially now factory locked one...So, if I do again a reset wont my iphone freeze at apple logo???(I have already installed the cydia which came for ios 5.1.1 just a month n half back...)Plz help me...

sompati said:
Hello guys,I m Som from India...Recently I paid this agent who used to unlock at&t factory locked Iphones....He told me tht in a single day I will get ur iphone unlocked...N as a matter of fact, he sent me a message tomorrow that "Sir, ur iphone has been unlocked...plz do a full restore of ur iphone n connect it to itunes with proper internet service"...My question is that...the last time I did a factory reset through my handset (It was a jailbroken one with cydia running), it got stuck on apple logo...thn i went to a shop who said I have updated my iphone to 5.1.1 with bb 4.12.01...So my iphone was officially now factory locked one...So, if I do again a reset wont my iphone freeze at apple logo???(I have already installed the cydia which came for ios 5.1.1 just a month n half back...)Plz help me...

It shouldnt freeze on a itunes restore. A full restore and you should be good. At the end of the restore iTunes will say your phone is unlocked. What iPhone do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I have iphone 4.....alright...even if I have cydia installed i can restore it through itunes??wont there be any probs at all??n what if the iphone isnt unlocked??? itunes wont say that "ur iphone isnt unlocked'??? n internet is required during all the process of itune???

Since your iPhone 4 is now "Factory Unlock" as you call it... the restore process WILL NOT affect the unlock. However, restoring via iTunes will essentially unJailbreak your iDevice and you will lose Cydia. The JB process is simple though... we can walk you through that if necessary.

Your BB is now 4.12.01... so you don't have anything to lose, go for a full restore, set up as new phone. If you get network, the easiest job after that would be to JB again.

download ireb and put your iphone in dfu mode. then open your itunes and hope it will work. if you are not familiar with dfu mode then search in youtube