What's new

iPhone & Straight Talk

JGKC9AYC

Reaction score
I just purchased 3 iPhones to use with Straight Talk (& to save ~$500/year).
I purchased the SIM cards & activation cards through Straight Talk.
All 3 iPhones are jailbroken. All three iPhones went to unlockit.co.nz for the APN settings.
Two of the 3 iPhones activated fine. The other (mine) shows "no service" as well as no phone number when I checked on the phone.
I went to ST website & it showed what my number is. I contacted them & was told everything looks fine on their end & no issues in my area with towers, etc.
They had me switch SIM cards from one phone to the other. My SIM worked in my wife's phone, but hers didn't work in mine. I then took my SIM & put it in a 5 year old unlocked GSM Razr & it worked in it.
I ain't the sharpest tack in the box, but it seems to me it's an issue with my phone.
Can anyone help?
Thanks.

You will probably have to restore your iPhone. But before restoring...What kind of iPhones are they. That is very important for anyone trying to help to know.

Soooooooooo:

What model iPhones are they?
What iOS are they on?
Did you save SHSH blobs? (If you happen to know what they are).

All 3 are 3GS's.
Of the 2 that are working, one is 5.0.1, the other 4.3.3. Mine is a 5.0.1
All were purchased used and no blobs.
Mine (the one that isn't working) & the 4.3.3 both have the old bootrom.

JGKC9AYC said:
All 3 are 3GS's.
Of the 2 that are working, one is 5.0.1, the other 4.3.3. Mine is a 5.0.1
All were purchased used and no blobs.

Okay. Well, no matter what you need to do to always make this work, is to download Tiny Umbrella, save it your desktop, plug in iPhone, open Tiny Umbrella, and click the "Save SHSH" button.
Do that with all 3 phones. If 5.0.1 does not show in the list in the white box within Tiny Umbrella then you need to download iFaith v1.4.2.

This is what you should do before doing anything. (with all 3 iPhones).

If a restore doesn't fix the signal, it sounds like you might have a faulty iPhone. I've seen a few with bad antennas/modems.

Okay. Well, no matter what you need to do to always make this work, is to download Tiny Umbrella, save it your desktop, plug in iPhone, open Tiny Umbrella, and click the "Save SHSH" button.
Do that with all 3 phones. If 5.0.1 does not show in the list in the white box within Tiny Umbrella then you need to download iFaith v1.4.2.

This is what you should do before doing anything. (with all 3 iPhones).

Did this with the one w/no signal first. TU showed only 4.1 & 5.1. Ran iFaith 1.4.2 & got the message "This iDevice has the 24kpwn untether applied! Since the 24kpwn untether is applied to your iDevice, no SHSH blobs are on your iDevice. As long as you restore to custom firmware, no SHSH blobs are needed".
Now what?