What's new

Iphone slide to unlock goes straight to emergency call, no red bar

icey

Reaction score
A co-worker of mine has asked me to find out whats wrong with her iphone. On her lock screen when you slide to unlock it goes straight to the emergency call screen. I assumed it is disabled but she says she used her ex-boyfriends computer to set it up so she does not have access to it anymore lol to do a restore. The weird thing is that the lock screen does not have a red bar or say iphone disabled or anything like that, just slide to unlock and when you do so, it automatically goes into emergency call screen. So I thought I would check here first, before wiping all of her pictures out.

I think its version 6.1. Thanks

Ask her how it got into this state. If the phone doesn't have a passcode on it, you can retrieve the photos before restoring it if she still wants the pictures using PC utilities like iExplorer or iFunBox.

It was passcode locked. She said she doesnt know exactly how it got to this state, her son was playing with it and when she got it back she was unable to get to the screen where you can enter the passcode.

Then there's no way to retrieve the data without professional tools and techniques. Your only option is to put the device into DFU mode and restore using iTunes to the latest iOS to have it working.

What has happened was it was passlocked and her son entered the wrong password to many times and basically made it Locke up permanently for her safety had it been stolen