What's new

Can't slide to unlock for most incoming calls

keithokoboji

Reaction score
I'm using a Verizon iPhone 4 - love it! About 6 weeks ago, I started to not be able to slide to unlock the phone to receive incoming calls. I can see the screen and who's calling, just can't unlock. It's gotten worse - miss most calls now. I have to press the power button, then call the person back - very frustrating and a liability.

Here's what I've tried: I've reset, re-installed, restored many times in itunes. Done hard resets of the phone nearly everyday, make sure I've only got a few aps running in the back ground, do not have overloaded storage. Also, I made a genius bar appointment and they replaced the phone. They were hesitant to say this is a hardware issue - but said they could replace the phone to make sure. They thought it was a verizon issue?

Any thoughts iPhone community?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I had a similar experience with my 3GS some time ago. It turned out that I had some numbers set to a ringtone that was no longer installed on the phone, and it was apparently hanging while it looked for the non-existent file.

I think that problem has been corrected in later software versions, but it's possible that the Verizon software may have missed it...

That was happening to me the other day with my phone. The screen would become unresponsive... I found that just clicking the top power button and turning it off and on would work most of the time.. The other time this happened to me, it was because I had almost every app on my phone running. I didn't know that with the lower "task bar" there was a way to kill my tasks. Hold and click the app and wait for a little red (-) in the top corner. I killed all of them INCLUDING the phone app.. Seemed to work for me...