What's new

iPhone Signal

GemGem

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an iPhone 4 (16GB) and I cant recieve or send calls and texts, although it allows me to connect to wi-fi and 3G, it says Orange in the top corner but there are no signal bars (although sometimes one signal bar will appear).

I have tried resetting the networkng settings and switching airplane mode on and off but still no luck

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

is it locked to orange? try another orange or another networks sim. if you cut it yourself maybe you cut too much off

Yes its locked to orange and its a brand new micro sim that I bought today

Are you jailbroken? How long you have you had the phone for? When did this first happen? Just installed a new tweak/app? Have you tried a reboot or restore...?

Last edited:
I only got it today, no its not jailbroken, I have rebooted it but not tried restoring it, the only apps I have installed is (Facebook, Skype & Windows Live Messenger)

I have just restored it and it is still the same

Have you had any signal anywhere? Did the sales person do a check to see if you get coverage in your area...?

Maybe the sim but more than likely the phone, just sent mine in to Apple for a similar signal problem.

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4 (16GB) and I cant recieve or send calls and texts, although it allows me to connect to wi-fi and 3G, it says Orange in the top corner but there are no signal bars (although sometimes one signal bar will appear).

I have tried resetting the networkng settings and switching airplane mode on and off but still no luck

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi
This might seem a dumb question but do you have a bumper or similar on the phone ? , my Iphone is from Orange and until I fitted the bumper I had the same problem as you - problem seemed to be a weak signal and a touch of the "death grip" works fine now.
S