What's new

Low signal searching/no service

gastra

Reaction score
I have an Iphone 3gs no idea of the history it was bought from ebay a few month ago, If i'm at home the signal seems fine i get 1 to 3 bars the same as my other halfs phone.
when i'm at work driving all over the uk it loses signal more or less 7 of the 8 hours i'm out even switching to airplane mode and putting it back does nothing.
But last night I left the phone on the dashboard and had maybe an hour long conversation with the other half without it losing signal or cutting off.
I took it apart last night and didnt see anything loose at all so could it be the antenna ribbon? or something else? I did jailbreak it and had no signal then installed SAM and so on to get it up and running also sometimes when it loses signal there is still an "E" next to the signal bars which is confusing!

Any help much appresiated!

what network are you on? by the way i believe the E means you are using the Edge network.....i often lose signal when driving around,in my case it just means there are no poles nearby.

Last edited:
what network are you on? by the way i believe the E means you are using the Edge network.....i often lose signal when driving around,in my case it just means there are no poles nearby.

I'm on o2 but the funny thing is my work phone (android same network) has good signal thats whats baffling me same with the work simcard o_O

I'm on o2 but the funny thing is my work phone (android same network) has good signal thats whats baffling me same with the work simcard o_O
it can depend on what phone you have too,i go to Lincoln a lot and one of the dealers i know at the antiques centre i visit is on vodafone,he has iphone5 and gets a full signal,my husband has a Motorola also on Vodafone and he has no service at all in the same building.

I think I will try a new antenna and charger port for the sake of £3 i'l post back on how it goes.