What's new

iPhone sees old and new Mac

HowardBrazee

Reaction score
My wife got a new iMac and migrated everything over. After installing, it she texted fine from her Mac to iPhones - but it took a couple of days to try sending to an Android phone.

I found the trouble - going into her iPhone 7+ IOS 11.0.3, to settings, messages, Text Message Forwarding, showed her computer twice. One was turned on, and the other was turned off. I switched the settings, and that solved the problem.

Question: How do I get rid of the ghost of her old Mac that apparently is in her phone? (I don't know if it is used anyplace else).

You could try going to your iCloud webpage and deleting the old Mac from your list of devices.

Last edited:
You could try going to your iCloud webpage and deleting the old Mac from your list of devices.
I found that, thanks, and did it. Right now the setting is still on her phone. I'll check again tomorrow to see if the 2nd mac disappears there.

Try powering the phone down and then back up again. May need to reboot per say. That or try a hard reset. Hope you get it resolved.

Try powering the phone down and then back up again. May need to reboot per say. That or try a hard reset. Hope you get it resolved.

I powered it down and then back up again this morning. The ghost computer is still there. I don't know if it is seen by anything else or not (and is turned off here).