What's new

iPhone rookie

badfish

Reaction score
Whats up people? I just made the switch from a Droid to the iPhone 4s 64gb. I'm liking it so far there are a few things I miss from the Droid but so far I think this phone is superior. It runs better than the droid no doubt and the screen is awesome compared to the Droid. I'm itching to jailbreak this mug already I'm sure I will like it even more then.

Last edited:
hello and welcome to the forum!

make sure you really read up about jailbreaking and make sure you are using the right tools that we will provide once a jailbreak is available publicly for the iphone 4S and you can decide if its worth doing or not,

Android is a open os and there will be things you miss but most of those can be found in jailbreaks cydia tweaks that let you do much more,

what are you missing so far that you loved on your android device?

what are you missing so far that you loved on your android device?

The biggest thing I miss is how easy it was to customize the Droid to my liking. But form what I have read I can accomplish most of that by jailbreaking. Also the ease of moving files around on the Droid. I'm no stranger to iTunes though so that's not a huge deal.

thats what jailbreaking brings to the iphone but we should not have to jailbreak in order to be able to do so but its there

thats what jailbreaking brings to the iphone but we should not have to jailbreak in order to be able to do so but its there

Yes, I agree with that for sure.

I hate to be a total NEWB but nothing I have read has explained what Jailbreaking is. I've searched here and Google but nothing I've read said what it all means, just how to do it.

I hate to be a total NEWB but nothing I have read has explained what Jailbreaking is. I've searched here and Google but nothing I've read said what it all means, just how to do it.

Basically it lets you install third party apps on your phone the ones apple wont approve to put in the app store for whatever reason. This allows you to customize the phone the way you want and get some other cool apps. In a nutshell it lets you do what you want with your phone. Unlocking it allows you to run the phone on any provider. I'm somewhat of a newb myself so I'm sure somebody else will chime in with more info.

I hadn't read that, thanks. I was looking for something like that earlier and didn't find anything helpful.

G'day & welcome to the FoRuM!! :)