What's new

Iphone ringtones synced from Itunes, playing in Iphone, but not when text comes in

abbagirl

Reaction score
Hi, I am new on here, but read as many threads regarding the Iphones/Itunes ringtones. I am also new to Iphone 4s. I downloaded several 30-second polymorphic (real) ringtontes from my Funtonia account. They give detailed instructions on sending to Itunes for an Iphone. I did what they said, checked Itunes and the tones were all in there, and playing perfectly (these are real songs, 30-second clips). I synced them to my Iphone. When I checked the phone in the tones settings, all of them were in there, including the preloaded standard Iphone "tones." I played each one of them to make sure they were playing correctly, and they were. I then assigned a couple of my contacts each a ringtone for incoming calls and a different tone for a text alert. I had 2 of my contacts test text me, and all I got from each one was a vibration sound when their texts came in. I rechecked the tones and they are playing when I "assign" them to the contact. Is this something specific to the Iphone 4s that maybe it's the length of the ringtone? each one is 30 seconds. These worked fine on all previous phones. This is all I can think of. They are in the tones section in the Iphone and seem to be fine. If this is a length issue, how long can a ringtone or tone alert be for them to work correctly on the Iphone 4s? Thanks so much!!!

Hi, I am new on here, but read as many threads regarding the Iphones/Itunes ringtones. I am also new to Iphone 4s. I downloaded several 30-second polymorphic (real) ringtontes from my Funtonia account. They give detailed instructions on sending to Itunes for an Iphone. I did what they said, checked Itunes and the tones were all in there, and playing perfectly (these are real songs, 30-second clips). I synced them to my Iphone. When I checked the phone in the tones settings, all of them were in there, including the preloaded standard Iphone "tones." I played each one of them to make sure they were playing correctly, and they were. I then assigned a couple of my contacts each a ringtone for incoming calls and a different tone for a text alert. I had 2 of my contacts test text me, and all I got from each one was a vibration sound when their texts came in. I rechecked the tones and they are playing when I "assign" them to the contact. Is this something specific to the Iphone 4s that maybe it's the length of the ringtone? each one is 30 seconds. These worked fine on all previous phones. This is all I can think of. They are in the tones section in the Iphone and seem to be fine. If this is a length issue, how long can a ringtone or tone alert be for them to work correctly on the Iphone 4s? Thanks so much!!!

Ringtones up to 40 seconds
Alert tones up to 8 seconds