What's new

iphone photo transfer query

redmist3

Reaction score
Help please, I have an iPhone 5 and gave my wife my old 4S.

Each time I add a new app or take a photograph on the new phone the app or photo is also instantly added to the old phone. How can I prevent this?
I do not use any social media, cloud etc and if I want to transfer between devices I use the WIFI transfer app, I have not opened iTunes for ages.
Is it likely that my Apple ID is the problem and maybe still associated with the old phone?

Thanks for looking and any advice.

Hey Red,

that was nice of you to give your wife your iPhone, shame it shares files, though it can be a good thing not having to purchase everything twice.

What you can do is from the App store settings on your phone is disable the automatic download of music, apps, books and Updates, it seems your account may be still logged into your wife's iPhone which is why the apps download automatically when you download from the app store

Hey Red,

that was nice of you to give your wife your iPhone, shame it shares files, though it can be a good thing not having to purchase everything twice.

What you can do is from the App store settings on your phone is disable the automatic download of music, apps, books and Updates, it seems your account may be still logged into your wife's iPhone which is why the apps download automatically when you download from the app store
Thank you for the help.