What's new

Photos not transfering

looby

Reaction score
Hi all

Yet another problem grrr. Photos on my phone have decided to not transfer to pc, I've tried going through 'my computer' but phone is not showing up, I've always used the same pc and am not doing anything different from previous times.

After having some other probs with iphone a few weeks ago, I took it back to local apple store who did something?? updated it I think?? would this have affected whats happening now, I mean I do regularly update on itunes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Restarted your PC, I assume? Also, power-cycle the phone.

bump.......having the same exact problem ..I also have itunes open and its doesnt "see" the phone... how do I power-cycle my iphone4?

circuitpimp said:
bump.......having the same exact problem ..I also have itunes open and its doesnt "see" the phone... how do I power-cycle my iphone4?

If iTunes is not "seeing" it you need to sync the iPhone and when you have it plugged in hold down the sleep/wake button and the home button until everything disappears from the screen. Although your screen should still be lit up. This is called dfu mode. iTunes should discover your device after that.

ok phone is plugged in using usb.....i hold down home and wake/sleep until screen goes black...release and apple sign comes on...still no connection being made.....same comp ive always had wrks fine usb has been tested

circuitpimp said:
ok phone is plugged in using usb.....i hold down home and wake/sleep until screen goes black...release and apple sign comes on...still no connection being made.....same comp ive always had wrks fine usb has been tested

Ok I'm sorry try to enter dfu mode this way:

Connect the iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes

Turn the iPhone off (hold down the power button at the top of the iPhone)

Hold down the sleep/power button and home button together for exactly 10 seconds, then release the power button

Continue to hold down the Home button until a message appears in iTunes telling you an iPhone in recover mode has been detected

circuitpimp said:
done it right but its still not working

Do you have another computer you can try this on?
not at the moment but i will try soon....heres what ive done....checked ports:eek:k...checked useb: ok.....checked comps config..ok.....called apple today they tried selling me service before diagnosis i said f*** off..... apparently im not the only one.....

circuitpimp said:
not at the moment but i will try soon....heres what ive done....checked ports:eek:k...checked useb: ok.....checked comps config..ok.....called apple today they tried selling me service before diagnosis i said f*** off..... apparently im not the only one.....

Well the reason i asked if you had another computer to try this method on, is because if you don't you'll have to delete iTunes and delete any firmware packages you've downloaded and reinstall iTunes and try again. I hate for you to have to go through all of that, but it might be the only way.

did everything I could think of multiple times to no avail.... will call tech support now txs for your help