What's new

Iphone operates by itself

francheskab

Reaction score
Someone please help.

When my iphone 5 is not locked, it makes random phone calls, sends text messages, opens applications, types for me.. you get the idea? All by itself. I have only dropped it once. it is becoming so frustrating that I am ready to get rid of it all together. I'd like to consider myself an "i" girl, but this is getting rediculous. I can't even send a text message, without my phone either typing for me, or even exiting out of my message all together. I took my screen protector off, because I read somewhere that a small pebble underneath could be the culprit. NOPE, that didn't help.

I purchased an ipohne 5 a few months ago, and instead of setting it up as new, I restored all of my data from my iphone 4 to my 5. Could that have anything to do with it? What can I do to fix this? I am wits end with this phone, and refuse to believe I purchase a lemon. Pleae help? Thanks in advance

This doesn't sound normal to have your phone make random calls or send text etc. randomly. Have you tried to bring your phone back to Apple and have them look at it? You are still within your 1-year warranty, so that may be your best option for them to look at it and possibly replace it with a new phone. That'd be what I would do before doing anything else.

Good luck...and also, Welcome to the Forum! :)

This doesn't sound normal to have your phone make random calls or send text etc. randomly. Have you tried to bring your phone back to Apple and have them look at it? You are still within your 1-year warranty, so that may be your best option for them to look at it and possibly replace it with a new phone. That'd be what I would do before doing anything else.

Good luck...and also, Welcome to the Forum! :)

Thanks for responding, I thought about taking it back to Sprint, which is where I purchased it, but I refuse to allow them to replace my phone with a refurbished phone, which is their policy. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.