What's new

iPhone not playing assigned ringtone for my wife

MarkAurelius

Reaction score
Hi

I recently changed from iPhone 4 to 6s. I synched across my ringtones with iTunes and assigned my wife in phone contacts to play a ringtone of a song called "Dialogue". The ringtone plays if you test it, but when she rings I get the default night owl tone.

I've googled around by there doesn't seem to be much help. What I have tried: changing the person's ringtone back to default and so on, have not helped much.

Any ideas?

TIA
Mark

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Mark!

Maybe resetting all settings will help: go to Settings - General - Reset, and select "Reset all Settings". This will set back your settings to default, but you won't lose any data. Afterwards, you'll have to set all your preferences again, including ringtones.

Hope that helps.

I like your username, btw. :)

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Mark!

Maybe resetting all settings will help: go to Settings - General - Reset, and select "Reset all Settings". This will set back your settings to default, but you won't lose any data. Afterwards, you'll have to set all your preferences again, including ringtones.

Thanks for the idea. But... When I got back in, the setting for the assigned ringtone was still there, and it still didn't have the desired effect.

But I it has forgotten my thumbprints, passcode and wallpapers. D'oh.

I like your username, btw. :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
Marcus Aurelius, the last of the good roman emperors.

Sorry that this didn't help.

If you haven't done the following, give it a try:
Set back your ringtone to default, reset your iPhone, then set the ringtone you prefer, and reset once again.

The reset I was referring to, is done this way:
Press and hold Home button until the Apple logo appears. Then let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own. This kind of reset won't remove data or settings, it might help with your issue.

Sorry that this didn't help.

If you haven't done the following, give it a try:
Set back your ringtone to default, reset your iPhone, then set the ringtone you prefer, and reset once again.

The reset I was referring to, is done this way:
Press and hold Home button until the Apple logo appears. Then let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own. This kind of reset won't remove data or settings, it might help with your issue.

Thanks again for looking at this. I tried that, but it didn't work either.

Sorry, I have no idea what else to try.

If there's an Apple Retail Store near you, take it there, let them have a look at it.

Yes, I guess that is what I'm going to have to do, coordinating with my wife so that I can take her phone and demonstrate the problem.