What's new

iPhone Noob -- Screen Unresponsive

Ajjack

Reaction score
Hi. Earlier I entered a post introducing myself as new member. In that thread, I requested help with the following issue. I have not received any replies. I am hoping that posting the problem in this venue of the site will produce some results.

Issue: iPhone 5s. Without any known cause, screen became unresponsive to touch.

* Tried resetting -- holding down top and home button. Nothing.

*Tried Voice -- clicked home three times. Mode is set to selecting language. Don't know what to say or isn't functioning either.

*Tried replacing screen -- bought a quality replacement screen. Simple, but meticulous install with no problem. Still unresponsive.

At this point, I have decided to join this forum in the hope that I will find the guidance on proceeding with troubleshooting. To this site's developers, I thank you for having me. And I thank, in advance, anyone replying with advice.

:)>-
Edit Report
+ Quote Reply

@Ajjack what does your 5S do when you connect it to a computer w/ iTunes?

Thanks for responding. It is my daughter's phone and I believe she connected it to iTunes before bringing the problem to my attention. However, I do not know what actually happened when she did.

Additionally, she says she was simply using the phone doing Instagram, when suddenly the screen became unresponsive to her touch.

What is to be attempted at the iTunes site, and can I log in to my iTunes account to try something?

Last edited:
Not that we're attempting to do anything... but to see if iTunes will recognize that an iPhone is connected to the computer. If it doesn't, then we're looking at an issue with the logic board itself... as opposed to a display issue.

see if iTunes will recognize that an iPhone is connected to the computer.

I connected it to my PC and, paraphrased it says, activate the account using the original ID. I do not have her log in info at the moment.

But Apple recognizes it. That sounds like good news so far. What next should be done about the unresponsive screen?

Last edited:
Okay we plugged it in and had the Apple log in screen. She entered her information and logged in. Nothing about the phone's issue changed upon log in. She said she believes she had it connected to iTunes, did so in order to back up her media, before resetting it. What is it I am to do now?

Hi. Earlier I entered a post introducing myself as new member. In that thread, I requested help with the following issue. I have not received any replies. I am hoping that posting the problem in this venue of the site will produce some results.

Issue: iPhone 5s. Without any known cause, screen became unresponsive to touch.

* Tried resetting -- holding down top and home button. Nothing.

*Tried Voice -- clicked home three times. Mode is set to selecting language. Don't know what to say or isn't functioning either.

*Tried replacing screen -- bought a quality replacement screen. Simple, but meticulous install with no problem. Still unresponsive.

At this point, I have decided to join this forum in the hope that I will find the guidance on proceeding with troubleshooting. To this site's developers, I thank you for having me. And I thank, in advance, anyone replying with advice.

:)>-
Edit Report
+ Quote Reply
Did you replace the digitizer or just the glass?