What's new

iPhone n00b gets app for custom ringtones. This n00b is happy. Details......

DJ r

Reaction score
I came from a bby tour 9630. I had a 4gb mini sd card loaded with mp3. I could assign a ringtone to a contact in 3 seconds and it was free. EASY.

But I wanted an iPhone now that vzw has them. So custom ringtones on an iphone are easy right? afterall it's an ipod per se.... but nooo. it's the opposite. it's all about the benjamins with apple.

Anyhow after a lot of research I downloaded the app ringtone maker from zentertain ltd for free. it shows up on my iphone as rmaker.

Here is the youtube tutorial on how to install it, which I needed to check out b/c I didn't believe how cumbersome it really is, to do this. INSANE. All of that said, his tutorial is amazing. So it becomes a simple process.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGFr3RlgEw8]YouTube - How to load custom ringtones into iPhone with Ringtone Maker Pro app.[/ame]

You need to DL the app. Open the app. Click on the music logo which directs you to your playlists. Click a PL, click a song, test it, set the time if you want to, then click save. It sends the song to a queue. Keep doing this until you find all the songs you want to load for now. Then sync with itunes. Go to apps on your iphone in itunes. click the app, you'll see the mp3 list you made. right click (all) and send to a new folder on your desktop. Go to that folder, open, drag all songs into MUSIC in itunes. they will now automatically appear in RINGTONES. click iPhone, ringtones, sync specific or all ringtones. done, so go play and set up your ringtones for ALARM CLOCK, sms, And or ringtones, prolly others too, but those are all I set up for now.

Works GREAT. But wow, could they make it harder?

I normally don't review stuff, but this worked well. So kudos to the creator.

Last edited:
I came from a bby tour 9630. I had a 4gb mini sd card loaded with mp3. I could assign a ringtone to a contact in 3 seconds and it was free. EASY.

But I wanted an iPhone now that vzw has them. So custom ringtones on an iphone are easy right? afterall it's an ipod per se.... but nooo. it's the opposite. it's all about the benjamins with apple.

Anyhow after a lot of research I downloaded the app ringtone maker from zentertain ltd for free. it shows up on my iphone as rmaker.

Here is the youtube tutorial on how to install it, which I needed to check out b/c I didn't believe how cumbersome it really is, to do this. INSANE. All of that said, his tutorial is amazing. So it becomes a simple process.

YouTube - How to load custom ringtones into iPhone with Ringtone Maker Pro app.

You need to DL the app. Open the app. Click on the music logo which directs you to your playlists. Click a PL, click a song, test it, set the time if you want to, then click save. It sends the song to a queue. Keep doing this until you find all the songs you want to load for now. Then sync with itunes. Go to apps on your iphone in itunes. click the app, you'll see the mp3 list you made. right click (all) and send to a new folder on your desktop. Go to that folder, open, drag all songs into MUSIC in itunes. they will now automatically appear in RINGTONES. click iPhone, ringtones, sync specific or all ringtones. done, so go play and set up your ringtones for ALARM CLOCK, sms, And or ringtones, prolly others too, but those are all I set up for now.

Works GREAT. But wow, could they make it harder?

I normally don't review stuff, but this worked well. So kudos to the creator.

Thanks!..but it doesn't work for sms unfortunately =/ Iphone is great.. but it really lacks some small features ive become accustomed to over the years.

Oh snap your right! Sorry.

Did you get the free or pay version.