What's new

how to save my custom ringtone without allowing itune to erase all my files?

Smith2012

Reaction score
Hi all . I made a ringtone using ringtone maker basic app and copied the ringtone to desktop and droped it in tones folder but it never shows in the custom ringtone section of iphone setting! if i try to click the sync ringtone button in itune it warns me that it will delete all my music and tones if i proceed. I am getting sick of this warning ! could any one tell me an easy way to put my custom ringtone in to my iphone without erasing any files? Looking forward for replies.Thanks

What format is your ringtone files. Ringtones should be in .m4r format. Also, I get that warning all the time too. I think as long as you are syncing to your library, your songs will sync again.

thanks for your reply. The format is .m4r. i never proceed that warning of deleting ! should i just accept it ? it will delete ?

thanks for your reply. The format is .m4r. i never proceed that warning of deleting ! should i just accept it ? it will delete ?
It will but then it will just sync the songs etc that were already synced. As long as its all in your library.