What's new

iPhone MMS

mrsims

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

So I can't seem to receive mms on my iPhone 3GS. I can send them fine. My provider told me that it is not an issue they can help with, its the hardware thats the issue. I have tried doing a full restore, I'm currently on ios 5.1. I've removed the sim and put it back in. I've turned on and oof mms setting, not sure what else to try!

Any ideas on this.( I have also tried sending mms to myself from different types of phones nothing comes through"

Thanks

Thanks Poisonivy,

I tried that, pressing the top and middle button until phone goes off and back on again, made no difference!

Thanks Poisonivy,

I tried that, pressing the top and middle button until phone goes off and back on again, made no difference!
i was hoping that would help,hang in there though,someone may have the answer.........just an after thought,did you keep holding until the apple appeared,ignoring the slide option?

Yes I held both of them until I saw the logo then released them both. I have 3g coverage with wireless turned off(Also tried with wireless on).

It's a strange one!

Yes I held both of them until I saw the logo then released them both. I have 3g coverage with wireless turned off(Also tried with wireless on).

It's a strange one!
yes it is,drives you mad until you work it out lol,i,ll keep giving it some thought though.

I saw this condition personally once under Android. To fix it "temporarily", IE till the next reboot, I would have to send myself a MMS (picture) from my phone to my phone. For some reason that would restore MMS functionality.

So for grins and giggles, give it a shot and I would try this with iMessage turned off.

interesting,let us know how that goes.

OK so I sent myself an mms to myself and nothing, resetart phone after I sent it just to see.

Before this phone which I still have I had an omni 7 windows base, It was the same thing, If I sent an mms to myself it would work fine and I could send them fine, when somebody sent me an mms I would get I down link for the mms which when I clicked wouldnt download the mms it would just pop back up with the download link, my provider told me it was an issue with that model and gave me some things to try which did not work.

Maybe I'll just give up on this one!

If this issue was carried over from a Windows phone, then the issue is on the cellular providers end. No doubt about it. MMS doesn't require a linking system and that explains why it doesn't work on your iPhone.

Ok thanks guys, I'll give them a buzz tomorrow. I'll post up the outcome incase anybody else comes across this.