What's new

iPhone, Mac, and Music

HunnieBunnie

Reaction score
I was looking at the box in which I received my 5s today. The earphones are still wrapped up. I have never used them, but I was wondering, if I upload some of my CDs to my Mac, can I then transfer the songs from the Mac to my iphone? If so, what is the procedure to do that, please?

Thank you!

(Yes, I am a technological dinosaur.)

Don’t wish to answer your question because l know l will get it wrong
However is your 5s using iOS 11 if so how are you finding it?

Simplest way is to drag an album to your phone in iTunes. The phone will automatically add the album to the Music app.

If you are copying CDs to your Mac using a lossless codec, you can set iTunes music to make a lossy version on the phone to save space.

I set iTunes to automatically import CDs when I close the CD/DVD player with a music disc in it. Once it is in iTunes just drag the album to the phone in iTunes, or make a (or many) playlist and sync that playlist to the phone

Sorry KevinJS lost me, but don’t worry I always have a problem doing this simple task. Also zstairlessone no idea what that’s all about.
Luckily l do have some leads on i gadgets so it’s no my question.

Sorry everyone, but I just found out today that there were replies to my query. I did not receive any email notifications, though.

brixtonboy, I have avoided 11 like the plague. I am waiting to download it after complaints about it stop. There are enough small, but annoying changes with 10.3.3 as it is now. 11 can wait. : )

I have no idea what is codec, but yes, I use the Mac superdrive to upload CDs to my MacBook Air. I will look into this, KevinJS. Thank you. : )