What's new

IPhone linked to the ID of unknown person.

AbdullahCheema

Reaction score
After resetting my iPhone I'm facing a problem which is almost making me believe that I had lost my iPhone to someone else.

Just after switching it ON(after connection with wifi) it asks to activate iPhone with the id that was used to set up this iPhone, and that person is fully impossible for me to reach because I don't know after how many hands using it I had it in mine.

Please do help me with my problem as your help will be highly appreciated.

There is no way to bypass this issue. This is part of the system that was implemented to cut down on iPhone theft. You need the Apple ID credentials of the person who originally set up the phone.

Soo should i consider my iPhone a brick now Or could somehow make it not connected to wifi and use it as an iPad.

There is no way to bypass this issue. This is part of the system that was implemented to cut down on iPhone theft. You need the Apple ID credentials of the person who originally set up the phone.

Soo should i consider my iPhone a brick now Or could somehow make it not connected to wifi and use it as an iPad.

I'm afraid that, in your case, your iPhone is little more than a paperweight. There is, unfortunately, no way to activate the iPhone.

Note to self: Never buy an iPhone in which Find My iPhone hasn't been turned off.