What's new

IPhone Jailbreak/Restore Problems

MimiCcio

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry to bug you all with this, but I'm in a bit of a dilemma with my sister's ITouch.
My mom put restrictions on it and forgot the password, and I'm pretty sure the only way to disable that password is to jailbreak the phone, download/open IFile and delete the system file.
Unfortunately, it has other problems, (which go unfixed because no one else knows how to fix them and they won't tell me). So now I have multiple dilemmas.
  • Whether by error or actually true (which I doubt), my sister's IPod before I fixed it was 3-4 GB OVER the limit. I'm not sure how this is even possible. I know she was messing with ICloud but to my knowledge she hasn't uploaded anything on it. She doesn't know how to use it, but I think that may be causing this problem.
  • Second, Absinthe jailbreak. I really don't like this jailbreak, regardless that it's probably the best out there, but it's pretty bad as far as jailbreaks go. (I've used blackra1n and redsn0w in the past for mine, which have seen better results). Is there another jailbreak out there that's compatible with 5.1.1? I'd use jailbreak.me but since the restrictions are enabled I can't access safari from her IPod. Restoring your IPod to factory settings BEFORE the jailbreak is absolutely ridiculous. Which brings me to my third problem...
  • I actually did do that, and now I'm having the worst problem yet. I cannot restore the IPod to the backup I originally had. I restored and got rid of absinthe, but now when I go to load the backup (before the jailbreak) on there, it says it's either "Corrupt or incompatible". My sister will KILL ME if I have to tell her she's lost everything. I didn't foresee the huge, insurmountable disaster that was to follow, so I didn't separately backup her contacts, pictures, notes, etc... NOT LIKE I SHOULD HAVE TO, BUT REGARDLESS.
Is there any way to fix this problem? I used to be better at jailbreaking and fixing IPods, but I switched to android a while back, and now I've forgotten most of it. If I can't save the backup, can I at least go into the backup and try to save her contacts and notes? All I can say is that ITunes sucks even worse than it did two years ago, and that's saying something.

Sorry.

-Mimi

The only way to get rid of a forgotten restrictions passcode, is to enter DFU and restore. and dont restore to a backup because that will bring back the passcode (unless you backwd it up before you set it) sorry.