What's new

iPhone is Warm But Not Seen By iTunes

Corrytonapple

Reaction score
First thread here. This could go in 3gs forums I guess, but I do need help. Please notify me if this is the wrong place.

So I replaced the dock connector in this water damaged iPhone 3gs. The MB did not see any water. I didn't see anything on any connectors. I lifted up the heat shields, all beautiful in there. The dock connector was red, so I replaced that. Now it gets warm.
I replaced the dock connector, and I left it plugged into iTunes. I checked the console, and got an interesting spamload of error messages.
Code:
[COLOR=#555555]7/30/12 1:07:21 PM [0x0-0x62b62b].com.apple.iTunes[9165] aa_clip_edge infinite loop[/COLOR]

It said that about twenty times every milisecond, for a few seconds. iTunes may have been launched, or the iPhone was throwing errors trying to get iTunes to recognize it (without iTunes being launched itself). This doesn't have a front assembly on it, so I don't have any visuals. I can get a front assembly, but thats $40, and I don't want to spend money if I don't have to yet. It does get warm.... but not hot like it needs a PMIC replacement.
I don't know what to do next. Any ideas?
BTW, I am willing to get down and crazy with this MB. Checking "fuses", and all that good stuff. Oh, I also tried all the normal troubleshooting techniques, except for wall charger. I don't have one of those, and this cord works with our iPod Touch 1st gen just fine.Thanks!

Last edited: