What's new

Iphone Hotspot - can you share an existing wireless connection?

Vila

Reaction score
Hey all, my first post.... hopefully someone can assist.

I am aware of how the hotspot functionality works, however I am wondering if you can share out an existing wireless connection?

Scenario

Wireless Home Network <-------> My Iphone (connected wirelessly) ----------> Sharing to another wireless device (your Iphone)?

Essentially using My Iphone either as a Bridge or Wireless extender? Is this possible whether natively/built in or is anyone aware if such an app to allow this function exists?

Or alternatively, is there a way to create a hotspot/WAP, and create a network through the Iphone? Allowing devices to communicate to each other through the Iphone itself without data, internet connectivity not required?

Scenerio

BlueTooth/Wifi enabled car audio deck <---------------> Iphone <---------------> NAS

Just looking for some guidance, I could be off my rocker, just wondering if anyone has read/seen or heard of something like the above has been attempted?

whenever you use your iPhone as a hotspot it automatically switches to the data being provided by your carrier. You cannot bridge wifi connections through your iPhone. at lease I'm not aware of any possible way.