What's new

Can the iphone 4 connect to the internet through a home wireless router?

laura331

Reaction score
I am considering an iphone 4 as a Christmas present for my sister but wondering if she would be able to surf the internet on the iphone 4 without using up her included data if she is at home, as we have a home wireless router. If anyone has knowledge on this I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Yes, you can access the internet thru any WiFi network if you are within range and are allowed to join it. I'm using my iPhone on my home WiFi network right now reading the Forum and answering your question. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Confirmed will work very well over your WiFi.

mine logs in automatically as I get on the drive and I use it to listen to radio via the excellent TuneIn app at home or driving.

CP

Yes you can!!!
The first time you must insert the code so you can connect you device. After that you will not disconnect it while you are at home.
I have to mention that you can download maximum 20MB of app with 3G and unlimited with the wifi.

Absolutely! I connect through our wireless router at home, and at my Mother inlaw's.

Yep, works perfectly and in most cases a lot faster than using a data plan. You really do plan your gifts in advance, don't you? :)

You can also connect to public wifi in places that allow it (many places now have it.) Saves on your plan.