What's new

iphone help

chingo919

Reaction score
hello :)
i am new to the appl world..
used to be a droid owner.lol
anyways... i kno this is not the right thread to go to...
but i am havin trouble wit my data connection on my jailbroken i phone... i am runnin5.1.1 idk if this is any help or not... i really need some help... thank you

ok chingo,i changed the title of your post and moved it here for better help,please don't post any more on this issue but wait for help.

Unleashed said:
What kind of trouble?

be worth mentioning recent connection issues on 02, and T-Mobile has come out in sympathy with data problems since Thursday 19/07/2012

ok so poison ivy said not to talk about this issue no more??
so idk..
im new to this forum and im not tryin to get anybody in trouble over some illegal etc...
p[hone issues...
i have a i phone 3gs 16 gig.. and i am on a att pay as you go plan... and need to kno how to use my internet....

ok so poison ivy said not to talk about this issue no more??
so idk..
im new to this forum and im not tryin to get anybody in trouble over some illegal etc...
p[hone issues...
i have a i phone 3gs 16 gig.. and i am on a att pay as you go plan... and need to kno how to use my internet....

You should listen to poison Ivy about that issue..

But regarding your 3G data connection all you need is a 3G data plan with att and the iphone automatically enters the settings on your phone when you enter the sim card so if its still not working it means you dont have a 3G plan

Ok.. Well before i got a hold of my j phone. I had a 20.00$ flip phone I bought at Walmart.
Internet on it would work like a charm! So I kno I have Internet in my plan.
It said 3G connection on the flip phone? Idm if it means anything...
But I've seen videos on YouTube about how ppl change the APN on the phone from
I have tried and failed!!

Go settings/general/network

Make sure these three options are on-:

Enable 3G
Cellular Data
Data Roaming

Crowd pleaser- I just tried it and it was a unsuccessful :,(
It said I needed to subscribe To a data package?!
Idk.. Im stratinbto give up!

As it happens, last week T-Mobile UK had problems with internet, phoned help desk they senr text. Phone reacted sating 'device not capable if service'.

i had ti power down and back up ti get internet working. Worth a go, if no good contact your service provider fir help,

If you trimmed your SIM to fit iPhone perhaps ask for new SIM.

Its a i phone 3gs i dont think inneed to trim my sim card do i?
I mean.. Its not one of them sim cards that locks to ur device.
I have a friend who works at the att store and she looked out on the sim card... Im confused

chingo919 said:
Its a i phone 3gs i dont think inneed to trim my sim card do i?
I mean.. Its not one of them sim cards that locks to ur device.
I have a friend who works at the att store and she looked out on the sim card... Im confused

my bad, never had the 3gs, thought they all had mini SIMs.

seems likely a mis match caused by your SIM being in a different handset originally, I suggest you contact AT&T, tell them your current phone, they should then send a text to refresh the SIM.

Last edited:

Hello,I ordered the Gevey Ultra S and followed instructions on their website and was unsuccessful. I even brought the phone to a professional mobile store who unlocks with original Geveys all the time. He was also unsuccessful.The Gevey sim was ordered on geveyultra.de which I believe is an original website.The iPhone was bought in Anguilla (a small Caribbean island) and the carrier's name is Lime (known as Cable & Wireless before that). I am now in Germany and have a new T-Mobile sim card that I would like to use.iPhone 4SVersion 5.1.1Modem Firmware 2.0.12Please help me because I am beginning to lose hope.Regards,​

Well i live in the usa sobi dont kno that company...
But i have att..
And i think u would be better off wit t mobile...

Could anyone help me wit my problem??
Ive searched the web butni cant find answers!!