What's new

Coming to iPhone 5 from Droid Incredible 2 (verizon)

TomWoodgeard

Reaction score
Hello everyone....1st Post of many.(I'm sure).
I will be receiving my new iPhone 5 in a couple of weeks.
I am TOTALLY new to the Apple world. Can anyone that came from Verizon's Droid Inc. 2 to IPhone 5 help me with set up. Transferring contacts from Droid phone to iPhone 5? Please keep in mind, I am a total newbie...... and not he best on computers.(Until someone shows me how to do something)
Thanks for any and all replies. I want the setup to go smothly!!

Tom Woodgeard - Sarasota, Florida

Welcome to iPForums Tom.

Since you're already on a data plan and basically just changing your phone, a Verizon rep can help you to get or you can get yourself the BackupAssistant App by Verizon, which backs up all contents of your Droid Incredible to your iPhone 5. You can call up a VZW rep when the iPhone arrives or see one in person and they'll do it for you as well as set it up for you free of charge and within about 10-15 minutes.

Hello everyone....1st Post of many.(I'm sure).
I will be receiving my new iPhone 5 in a couple of weeks.
I am TOTALLY new to the Apple world. Can anyone that came from Verizon's Droid Inc. 2 to IPhone 5 help me with set up. Transferring contacts from Droid phone to iPhone 5? Please keep in mind, I am a total newbie...... and not he best on computers.(Until someone shows me how to do something)
Thanks for any and all replies. I want the setup to go smothly!!

Tom Woodgeard - Sarasota, Florida

There are a couple of things you can do. You should have Verizon Back Up on your phone. Try running that.

Go on line and take a look at your back up. See if it has everything. Mine didn't.

Since you are on a Google phone use iTunes to start your iPhone 5. You will see an info tab. Click on that and then click on sync contacts with. Select Google Contacts. Your Incredible 2 uses Gmail to back up your contacts. You can get them right there.

You may want to look at your Gmail contacts for organizational purposes. Delete what you don't want and have it search for duplicates. You can merge or delete them.

If that fails (it won't) then you can go to a Verizon Store and they have a machine that will transfer your contacts from your old phone.

Thank you for the replies. Anything else I need to know???

Yes. Look both ways before crossing the street and if the count is 3 and 0 take the next pitch.

PLEASE.........be more specific. Don't assume I know the basics , because I don't.
I backed up (I think) Now...........how the heck do I find out if everything was backed up? I went on my account and there was no option to view backed up information.

PLEASE.........be more specific. Don't assume I know the basics , because I don't.
I backed up (I think) Now...........how the heck do I find out if everything was backed up? I went on my account and there was no option to view backed up information.

OK.....But first, calm down, you won't lose your contacts no matter what.

When you log into your on line account (computer or iPad) you will see a support tab. Just run over it and you will see a Frequently Asked Questions menu. One of them has to do with Back up Assistant. Line item #6 tells you how to do the back up.

Go back and run over the My Verizon area. You will see a drop down menu that has back up my contacts. Click on that and you can see exactly what you have backed up in regards to contacts.

I only had 2 contacts backed up and I don't think either of them came over with my activation of my iPhone 5. So I went to the Verizon Store and let them do back up. Don't do that. Like I said, check your Gmail contacts and clean them up and follow the instructions I gave you to load your contacts. If you don't want to do that then go to the Verizon Store.

Thanks hookbill; I'll use your instructions and see if I can access my backed up information in My Verizon.
Thanks for taking the time to help me.......Tom Woodgeard - Sarasota, FL