What's new

iPhone help for new comer

Dshah

Reaction score
Hi
New comer here, I just got an iPhone, I think its not original I am not sure if it is.

So my problem is I am unable to connect with wifi, it just keep searching but cant find my wifi network or any other. and due to I am new to this iPhone thing I am unsure what to do.
Heck I am not even sure if its iphone 4,5 or whichever version.
Here are tech details I get from general > about menu:

Capacity: 32gb
Version: 5.0.1 ( 9A405 )
Model: MC6062P
Wi-Fi Address: 48:60:BC:D1:75:44
Modem: 04.10.01

And some other info's are there, I found this forum while searching on google and joined, I hope someone can help me to understand what's going On, I am going nuts :/

Thanks

You have a white 32gb iPhone 4 on a GSM network.

The way you can differentiate the 4, 4S and 5 is that that 5 is much "longer", so it looks slimmer in a way. The difference between the 4 and the 4S is based on the black bands on the side of the iPhone.

Here's a GIF that outlines the differences between the GSM 4, the CDMA 4 and the 4S..

Make sure that your network is broadcasting a signal. You can either use another device and see if that particular device can find the same network, or access the ISP gateway for your network and see if it's broadcasting. You can also put in your device's MAC address into your gateway so that it's your network that looks for your device and not your device looking for it

Thank you for your kind reply, from ur gif it seems i have 4s :) so it is original iphone? ,

My wifi is working fine on my other 2 phones ( androind ) and laptop. and I just tried by adding Mac address in router, restarted but still it cant find wifi connection.

below are some images I taken with my other phone Best Regards
View attachment 12314$2013-05-09 18.16.52.jpg$2013-05-09 18.17.29.jpg$aD5i4RCh.jpg

Attachments

• $aN3Lb0sh.jpg
    $aN3Lb0sh.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,396
  • $2013-05-09 18.17.13.jpg
    $2013-05-09 18.17.13.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 1,434
Last edited:
Oh wow not even close. That's the 5. The 5 is longer than that of the 4 and 4S. You can tell its the 5 by the 2 bands on the back of the phone on the top and the bottom.

Try resetting your network settings on your phone and retry

Thank you again. Here is issue with reset, I cant seems to find from where i can reset network setting. Only reset i found is here
Setting > General > Reset
And when I click Reset, it prompts me to enter Password, I gives 1234 and press ok, It then restart the phone but still same issue with wifi

here screenshosts:
imgur: the simple image sharer
imgur: the simple image sharer

Last edited:
That's not an iPhone. I'm sorry to say but that's a fake. I didn't notice the other pictures since I was viewing them on my phone while they're not enlarged, but now that I see the Settings and UI, it's a fake. The back of the fake, the "iPhone" is way too big. In the UI, when you toggle, that little " | " shouldn't be there. And It should say "Other" not "Othe...". Internation? International. That's a giveaway. Factory Restoring does not display a pop-up like that, even with a password restriction. Then there's the keyboard. If it's a number only display, it'll display in a 3x4 dialpad like on a landline or on an old flip phone.

And if that's the front of the device, that screen size is about the same size as the 4, but the overall length is much longer than what the 4 should be, too much room on top and below the home button. Plus the camera is in the wrong spot. The model on the back says A1241, that's the iPhone 3G, they couldn't even print the correct model

damn street sellers, there goes my 50€ :)

So I guess OS installed is not iOS either or nor can be installed on it?
I wanted to start look into iphone apps development ( I am a programmer ) and thought lets check if I can make it work :)

Thanks for your time again,

Good luck with that. Most likely the hardware is different as well, a cheap copycat will never have decent hardware with it. You can try putting iOS onto it, but that's impractical since you have to rip the iOS open, change it accordingly then port it back in there assuming the device can handle it.

If you're going into app development, get xCode as well as a functional and legit iDevice for testing. An iPad would work the best if you're looking to make it a universal app.

alirght thanks, I will get a legit device when I start it :)

Best Regards