What's new

iPhone froze after restoring the settings

dirty_pop

Reaction score
I was having some minor problem when I tried syncing some of the files I had on my iTunes with my iPhone, so I decided to simple restore everything including deleting the data, then syncing both together without problem.

However, once I did that, my iPhone refused to work, I kept getting the apple logo that you usually get when turning on you iPone with a loading circle in front of it, this picture freezes for few minutes then restarts again by turning on the iPhone and turning back on.

I tried doing a restore using the DFU method, it seemed promising until I was asked to download a 570+ MB file before being able to continue the restore, my internet connection is very fast, but for an unknown reason, the the download speed for this particular file is extremely slow, it requires about 12 hours of download, so I decided to cancel the download since I'm not even sure if it'll help me in the first place.

Can anyone please suggest anything? this is very frustrating as I just got it yesterday, and got to add new things to it today.

Thanks.

was your phone jailbroken/unlocked? what version did you have?

Since you are doing the restore I can only assume you have AT&T network. in this case I would re try to do the DFU restore again.

linky linky [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzyy4puapig[/ame]

Last edited:
I'm not so knowledgeable in this area, as this is my first iPhone, but I had it sent to someone who would active or or something similar, because I couldn't do anything with it except seeing some weird message after I got it out of the box, so they told me that they're were gonna make it work for a sim card that is outside the US (I don't live in the US) or something like that, I'm not sure.
Since you are doing the restore I can only assume you have AT&T network. in this case I would re try to do the DFU restore again.

linky linky
This is exaclty what I did, except that after I clicked restore, it told me that it has to get something from the apple servers, then I was told that I have to download a huge file in order to be able to restore my iPhone.

Last edited:
I'm not so knowledgeable in this area, as this is my first iPhone, but I had it sent to someone who would active or or something similar, because I couldn't do anything with it except seeing some weird message after I got it out of the box, so they told me that they're were gonna make it work for a sim card that is outside the US (I don't live in the US) or something like that, I'm not sure.

huh who did you sent it to??
where did you buy the phone from?
who is your phone carrier? or where did you get the sim card?
SO you you just got it, and now you sending it somewhere??? wtf

huh who did you sent it to??
where did you buy the phone from?
who is your phone carrier? or where did you get the sim card?
SO you you just got it, and now you sending it somewhere??? wtf
Maybe I wasn't clear in my previous post.

The phone was a gift I got from someone who was in Dubai, after I unboxed it, I noticed that I can't do anything with it because it need to be unlocked or something due to some weird explanation about how it could be due to be from another country, so they told me to unlock it in order to make it work with my country, every single person who has an iPhone 4 here does that, otherwise they wouldn't be able to use it, I don't think it was jail-broken just unlocked, if that actually makes sense.

Anyway, where I live, there are many places that specialize in things like that, so I took it to them and asked them to do what was needed, everything was fine, and it was working 100%, but then I was facing some syncing problems due to duplicating files or something, and decided to restore it, because I thought it wouldn't be a complicated matter, but since I already mentioned, the phone refused to work.

I'm am now downloading the file that is needed to restore the phone, since the speed is back to normal, I'll just have to wait and see whether it'll do any good or not.

Last edited:
maan if your phone was unlocked, restoring is NOT a good idea. It may lock your phone and it will force you to upgrade to new software version 4.1 which is not Unlockable yet.

maan if your phone was unlocked, restoring is NOT a good idea. It may lock your phone and it will force you to upgrade to new software version 4.1 which is not Unlockable yet.
Then what should I do? this seems the only option for me at the moment.

Ok, so now what I did is I downloaded the 4.0.1 software separately on my computer, then went to itunes and pressed the shift button while clicking restore in order to chose the 4.0.1 file, it first starting loading it, but it gave me an error, which was expected, since it had to check with apple servers to see if I could go on and downgrade my iPhone below 4.0.2 version.

Anyway, I read that this method could actually happen if to have saved your SHSH blob (which is something I have no idea what it is), but I'm guessing you have to have your iphone working properly to save that blob, and as I mentioned, my phone is practically dead, the only thing that works is the apple logo, and that's about it.

Any suggestions please?

Last edited:
Ok, so now what I did is I downloaded the 4.0.1 software separately on my computer, then went to itunes and pressed the shift button while clicking restore in order to chose the 4.0.1 file, it first starting loading it, but it gave me an error, which was expected, since it had to check with apple servers to see if I could go on and downgrade my iPhone below 4.0.2 version.

Anyway, I read that this method could actually happen if to have saved your SHSH blob (which is something I have no idea what it is), but I'm guessing you have to have your iphone working properly to save that blob, and as I mentioned, my phone is practically dead, the only thing that works is the apple logo, and that's about it.

Any suggestions please?

Did you get your phone back or not??? If yes then shouldn't your people Unlock it for you?

Any suggestions please?

Did you get your phone back or not??? If yes then shouldn't your people Unlock it for you?
Yeah, took my iphone to them, after several hours, they sent me my iPhone back without any difference and told me that they can't do anything for now until Saturday, because apparently they can get s certain program by then, not sure what they meant.

this is what they meant.