What's new

iPhone finds network but no signal

mrodgers

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm a bit confused and new to the iphone. I recently bought a second hand iPhone 3gs from an aquaintance. So I inserted my new sim, turned the thing on and a screen with the itunes logo appeared and so I connected it to my pc and opened itunes. This activated it so I can now use the phone. The remaining problem is that in the top left corner, where the signal bars are, it displays the network (in my case O2-UK) and to the right of that it displays '3G'. So that all seems fine but there are no bars of signal whatsoever.
A lot of my google searches have given threads about the phone saying 'no service' which mine does not, mine does recognise the network and so I don't think it needs unlocking. So my question is does anybody recognise this issue and if possible could you suggest a solution.

Thanks a lot.

Does no one recognise this problem? it seemed to my like it would be pretty straight forward to those in the know. Does anyone even have the same problem?

cheers

yeah same problem here the carrier shows up on the network but no signal, it seems the only way to get it back is to do a defualt restore from itunes.