What's new

iPhone, cookies and Google Drive

Michael Graubart

Reaction score
I have recently set up Google Drive on my Mac computer and uploaded a lot of files and folders. When I tried to access my Drive's website from my iPhone, however, the message shown in the attached screenshot appeared despite the fact that I have got cookies enabled on the phone in the settings for Safari.

My phone is an old one (iPhone 3G with iOS 4.2.1). Can that be the reason? Or is there anything I can do about it?

Many thanks in anticipation of replies.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 11.42.50.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-31 at 11.42.50.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 438
When I access my Google Drive using Safari, I get a notification that the browser is not supported, so your software is not the problem, I think.

Did you try to login to Google Drive directly? I've logged in to my Gmail account in Safari, and was able to switch to Google Drive afterwards.

When I access my Google Drive using Safari, I get a notification that the browser is not supported, so your software is not the problem, I think.

Did you try to login to Google Drive directly? I've logged in to my Gmail account in Safari, and was able to switch to Google Drive afterwards.
Thanks for replying so quickly, J.A., but when I go to the Google website and try to sign in, exactly the same error message about cookies appears.

Try this, if you haven't:
https://mail.google.com/

I remember that it was possible to login there with iOS 6, or 5. I hope it will be possible with your software as well.

Also, try the usual troubleshooting fixes: reset, restart, force close Safari/clear Safari history, cookies and data.

If these don't help, it's possible that Google disabled this for older devices.
As far as I know, the Google Drive app requires iOS 7 and later, so that's not an option for your iPhone.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that takes me back to exactly the same page as before, with the same result. I have tried the usual troubleshooting fixes. So it does look, doesn't it, as if it's all disabled for my 3G phone. Thanks very much, though, for your suggestions.

Sorry that I couldn't help you. It looks like Google doesn't care for people with older devices.