What's new

Iphone chargers Frustration

myexpertbrothers

Reaction score
Many a times we find ourselves with iphone but with no power and depending on where you are and the availability of a charger, that will define whether you will continue using the iphone or not. How best can this frustration of iphone charging or lack of power when there is no charger or place to charge iphone can be solved?

External batteries. There are quite a few external batteries that you can plug a USB in like the iPhone and other devices and it'll charge. 80$ can get you one that can charge your iPhone 2-3 full cycles

Many a times we find ourselves with iphone but with no power and depending on where you are and the availability of a charger, that will define whether you will continue using the iphone or not. How best can this frustration of iphone charging or lack of power when there is no charger or place to charge iphone can be solved?

Don't know where you live but I kind of see it hard to get in that type of situation, unless of course you were in the military. I have a charger in my car, one here at my desk, one at the bed where the cradle is and I have an extra one that sits on my desk doing nothing.

I've had occasions when I have been in like malls and such and was there longer then anticipated. Verizon store in the mall was happy to charge it up for me.

Morphie? It's a company that sells external batteries. Other companies do as well like Kensington

Don't know where you live but I kind of see it hard to get in that type of situation, unless of course you were in the military. I have a charger in my car, one here at my desk, one at the bed where the cradle is and I have an extra one that sits on my desk doing nothing.

I've had occasions when I have been in like malls and such and was there longer then anticipated. Verizon store in the mall was happy to charge it up for me.

Same here! Charger in the car, at the pc, and near the bed... I'm usually always in the 90% range.....

I've got 3 chargers - the original one on my home desk, one in the car (using a Belkin $6.95 charger from Wirelessemporium.com) and one on my office desk (using a previously purchased AC/USB wall charger) ensures that for the most part I'm always at least 80% or better. I live on the Jersey Shore and 2-3 times per week I take a 10 minute bicycle ride down to my local Manasquan Inlet. There I climb out to the end of a 1/8 mile long rock jetty and spend maybe an hour or so taking roughly 500 photos and a couple dozen 1-3 minute videos of boats enter/exiting the inlet, fisherman, birds, etc.. I'll also have probably 6-10 phone calls to check my office or a short conversation with a client. On those occasions I return back to my shop down to about 25% or so - this gets recharged as I begin the uploads to my computer of all the photos and videos. I've not run it below 25% since I'm 15 minutes bike ride away from my office and I want to keep a minimal charge for any possible emergency calls.

So - I'm not really concerned about battery charge - I can easily work around any usage that depletes me below 80% since I'm always just a short distance away from any of my 3 chargers. I may be unique, though I think probably not. At my desk if I wish to browse the net I do so on my computer (27" screen vs 4" screen...) so I don't need the cell for anything but really mobile use. While driving you won't catch me driving around (like I see so many) with the cell glued to my ear. Or even walking around town, shopping, etc.. Just what could be so important that these people need perpetual cell use everywhere they go just escapes my imagination. So yea - those are the ones that need more charge capacity - but that's a matter of choice to run down their battery - not so much a dire need of the phone.

I can't say how many times I've stood in line at the market (or such) and amusingly listened to some of these conversations: "well, I'm at the 7-11 picking up my lottery tickets, Sandy called and said she's going to the mall to return those shoes so I may take a ride up with her. Are you finished with the wash yet? Maybe you can ride up with us?" Or: "Did you watch The Voice last night? I thought that guy Mark was terrible - how did they choose him? Yikes! Oh yea, I forgot to tell you my kitten just discovered how to get into the rubbermaid hamper - tossed the towels all around the room! So cute! I just HAD to let you know that!"

Yea - such stimulating conversations! Let's get them a 1" thick accessory battery to clamp onto the back of their iPhone! :) Love the guys that walk down the street with the BT earphones talking non-stop everywhere they go. Can that ALL be business talk? Sigh..

My true test will be coming up soon as I begin taking weekly 2-1/2 hour train rides up to NYC through the winter months. Previous years trips would usually deplete a large percentage of my Droid battery as I either viewed uTube videos or listened to Pandora on that commute (with usually several short phone calls thrown in the mix). The videos drained my Droid to less than 20% after two hours, Pandora only brought it down to maybe 70%. It will be interesting to see how this iPhone5 compares.

Nah! I think Apple did well with this latest battery setup. Coming from my Moto Droid I find the iPhone battery lasts much longer even though as stated this is not so much of a concern for my personal use (and probably most people out there).

Last edited: