What's new

iPhone Breathes New Life into Nineties Tamagotchi Craze!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
11032-tamagotchi.JPG

A fun story in The Telegraph today, with the news that the massive nineties toy craze of Tamagotchi has been resurrected as an iPhone app! Called “Tamagotchi L.i.f.e.”, the app will be launched very shortly in the App Store. For the uninitiated, the original nineties Tamagotchi game was very basic, and lived in a little plastic case on a keychain. The first Tamagotchi was launched in Japan in 1996, and gameplay basically involved the player looking after their little Tamagotchi pet, after first seeing it “hatch” onscreen. You used to have to press buttons to feed it and put it to bed at set times of the day. Such was the popularity of the whole Tamagotchi craze, that over 78 million were sold. The new app comes courtesy of Bandai, who say,

“Everyone had a Tamagotchi and loved taking care of their digital pets. The new Tamagotchi app will feature the same gameplay you know and love with a number of exciting new features.”

Among the new app’s features will be a “Retro Mode” which will be very similar to the original game, as you might expect, as well as new features and mini games.
So what do you think, can we expect the Tamagotchi app to capture the public imagination in the same way as the original?

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Tamagotchi to return as iPhone and Android app - Telegraph

I will be getting it , will bring back memories of my childhood . Any idea when it will be available .

They haven't given a date yet, but you can check out the official Facebook page and for more details. https://www.facebook.com/TamagotchiLife I expect they'll be the first to know the actual release date! At present it just says "soon."

I will be getting it , will bring back memories of my childhood . Any idea when it will be available .

Ahaha I totally had this!!!

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB
<3 Jailbroken w/ envisi0n <3

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)