What's new

Iphone and Itunes question

rws

Reaction score
1) Is there a way I can rename the way ITunes sees my IPhone? I guess when I set it up I let it use the default which is some funky name assigned to my account on the C drive.
2) ITunes used to start as soon as I connected my phone. It no longer does and I do have that box checked in ITunes. Any ideas as to why this stopped working?
Thanks,
Russ

1) Is there a way I can rename the way ITunes sees my IPhone? I guess when I set it up I let it use the default which is some funky name assigned to my account on the C drive.
2) ITunes used to start as soon as I connected my phone. It no longer does and I do have that box checked in ITunes. Any ideas as to why this stopped working?
Thanks,
Russ

Go to setting, general, and click about. In here you'll see name click this and change the name to what ever you decide. This will now be picked up in iTunes, bluetooth, etc etc as the name of your phone.

In iTunes click the general tab at the top and select open iTunes when phone is connected. Also check if there's an update for iTunes as this could be the reason it's not working.

iHolophyte

iHolophyte - Thanks for the reply. I did find some info on the web about ITunes not starting. Ran MSCONFIG and found there was an ITunes program not running in Startup. Checked it, restarted and all is well with that.
You said go to Settings - where? I am running Vista Home Basic.
Russ

Click on the phone's name in the left column to select. Then click once more on the name to enter the edit mode. You can then type in the name you want. Finish by pressing Enter on your keyboard.

iHolophyte - Thanks for the reply. I did find some info on the web about ITunes not starting. Ran MSCONFIG and found there was an ITunes program not running in Startup. Checked it, restarted and all is well with that.
You said go to Settings - where? I am running Vista Home Basic.
Russ

I'm glad you found it running msconfig and it's sorted it.

No I mean, general on your iPhone, settings, then about at the top you'll see it's probably set to iPhone.... Click this and change to what you want. (it is an iPhone isn't it) (laughs out loud) if not on iTunes itself on the left you'll see you phone right click this and rename.

iHolophyte

iHolophyte - Thanks! Duh, feel like a dumba**. Oh well, that's what these forums are for. I appreciate your patience.
Russ

iHolophyte - Thanks! Duh, feel like a dumba**. Oh well, that's what these forums are for. I appreciate your patience.
Russ

True. You'll be surprised what you can learn in here 😄. Don't feel bad about it, look at it more of passing this information on to someone else who has the same problems.

Glad you got it sorted in the end.

iHolophyte