What's new

Iphone activation

avian100

Reaction score
I have a Iphone 4 running 6.1.3 it was a return from a online auction site sale . I sold iphone in perfect working order it was returned to me in a connect to itunes error I have successfully reinstalled the IOS but now it starts out asking" language" screen then goes to "country or region" screen then next screen is connect to itunes . when I connect to itunes I get the "could not activate this Iphone at this time try again later." I am at a loss I think the phone got deactivated by the person who purchased it from me playing with program they obviously didnt know how to use. . is there anything I can do?

Make sure that a working and active SIM of the original carrier of the phone is inserted.

I just tried a working AT&T sim card with same results any other suggestions? also tried restoring again with sim card installed still gives me connect to itunes then when I do itunes gives me the activations issue screen?

Give AT&T a call or log onto your AT&T account and make sure that your account has that device registered. Not sure about AT&T but for Verizon, your device's ESN/IMEI/serial must be registered with your device if you want to use the device. An example would be where if you switched your phone, you would have to call *228 to program your phone so that your phone is registered to your line and account.